NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating internal frames using netbeans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poji226

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Creating internal frames using netbeans Reply with quote

I was wondering what the easiest way to create an internal frame that pops up when a button is clicked using netbeans. Normally I could figure out how to do this only with code, but i'm trying to use the netbeans design tools.

From the palette i dragged an internal frame into my workspace and from the properties turned visibility to false. Maximum size, minimum size, and preferred size all have values based on the jFileChooser place inside the internal frame, however under horizontal size and vertical size, both values are 0 and reset to 0 whenever i try to change them.

Inside the automatically generated code block from right clicking my button and selecting the mouseClicked event, i tried using both <frame object>.show(); and <frame object>.setVisibility(true); and neither did anything. I also tried adding output code to test if the button works and it does.

I know this is probably a stupid question, and a simple thing to do but i'm lost.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: