NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example

View previous topic :: View next topic  
span

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example Reply with quote

I'm new to Netbeans IDE, and I'm currently learning about Sockets.

I'm trying to get the KnockKnock example from the Java Tutorials available here to work.

I have successfully run the example using command prompt, and I'm now trying to get it to work from within Netbeans so I can debug it and follow the code.

I've tried putting the three classes (KnockKnockServer, KnockKnockProtocol, KnockKnockClient) in the same project and also puting the KnockKnockClient in a separate project. Neither method up to this point has worked. When I try and run the server/client classes the program hangs.

Am I missing something, or is it just not possible to run this from within Netbeans?
Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example Reply with quote

Clever way to advice your blog....

To: address-removed
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:45:57 AM
Subject: [nbj2ee] KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example

This update has killed my site. I can no longer access admin area. The password and login has failed. Login redirects me to front page of the shop [Embarassed]

comparatif simulation taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net) - Taux cr
Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example Reply with quote

Span,
What does this have to do with NB? This is a Sun tutorial so you might be better off asking that question in a sun mailing list, don't you think?

To: address-removed
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:46:35 PM

I'm trying to get the KnockKnock example from the Java Tutorials available here (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/sockets/clientServer.html) to work.

I have successfully run the example using command prompt, and I'm now trying to get it to work from within Netbeans so I can debug it and follow the code.

I've tried putting the three classes (KnockKnockServer, KnockKnockProtocol, KnockKnockClient) in the same project and also puting the KnockKnockClient in a separate project. Neither method up to this point has worked. When I try and run the server/client classes the program hangs.

Am I missing something, or is it just not possible to run this from within Netbeans?
emiddio-verizon
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example Reply with quote

it worked for me --- been awhile -- i still have the code that works in a nb project -- if you dont figure it out
i could zip it up and email it.

it wasnt that difficult -- try again --

gary
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [nbj2ee] KnockKnockServer and KnockKnockClient Example

Span,
What does this have to do with NB? This is a Sun tutorial so you might be better off asking that question in a sun mailing list, don't you think?

From: span <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])>
To: address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:46:35 PM

I'm trying to get the KnockKnock example from the Java Tutorials available here (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/networking/sockets/clientServer.html) to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: