NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

package javax.servlet does not exist :>

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildheart25c

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: package javax.servlet does not exist :> Reply with quote

you've read it once you've read it a thousand times! probably responded to it just as many times. Now i ask that you respond one more time
I've added as many details as possible becuase i've tried the solutions in an old thread in this forum but no luck.

http://developers.sun.com/mobility/midp/articles/tutorial2/ <= I'm following what they're telling me to do step by step but i get JAVAC NOT RECOGNIZED when i try to compile the code from that website. It's called Writing Servlet Source Code

1- I downloaded TOMACAT zip and unzipped it in my C drive => C:\jakarta-tomacat-4.1.31 Contents of hte zip are inside this directory.

2- I went here C:\jakarta-tomacat-4.1.31\webapps\midp\WEB-INF\classes and put a copy of that java file here. I created the directory midp and its subdirectories.

3- I went to C:\jakarta-tomacat-4.1.31\bin and pressed STARTUP. Now the server is running.

4- I started a prompt and did as I was told where i set the path then i tried JAVAC and i failed.

5- I went to ENV vars. There was no classpath. So i created one and added its value as C:\jakarta-tomacat-4.1.31\common\lib\servlet.jar

6- I closed the prompt and the server then tried again. Failed.

7- I tried going to the directory where my java file was and then tried javac and still i failed.

8- I started NetBeans and checked plugins. To my luck, and surprise, i found tomacat plugin which I installed alongside another plugin called WebSomething. It says that this plugin will be installed as well since its dependant on it.

9- I went to TOOLS then OPTIONS then MISCLANEOUS and pressed ADD JAR/ZIP next CLASSPATH and put this C:\jakarta-tomacat-4.1.31\common\lib\servlet.jar

10- I started a new prj and created a java file with the same name as the one in the site. I copied hte code too. Red lines appeared on almost every line of code. Like import javax.servlet.http.*; was underlined and the tip said package javax.servlet does not exist

So what now? I tried to make my post as detailed as possible. If you have a solution plz let me no. and in details if you plz Very Happy
My jdk directory is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: