NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to check what version of JDK/JRE NetBeans is using

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shellback3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: How to check what version of JDK/JRE NetBeans is using Reply with quote

I updated my JDK from Sun to version 20 and then found that the old version, 18, was not deleted. After I removed it (Windows XP) and edited the PATH variable I started NetBeans.

It complained that it couldn't find version 18 and should it use the default version. I answered, yes, thinking what the heck IS the default version.

Is there anyway to check what NetBeans thinks the correct version is? I've looked and didn't find it.

Is the "default version" the one in the PATH variable?

Thanks
Nate
Javier.Ortiz
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: How to check what version of JDK/JRE NetBeans is using Reply with quote

Default means the one set in JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Installing newer versions of JAVA doesn't delete old ones. I think it should at least ask the user. The versions are backwards compatible so the application should use whatever is in Java Home.

Javier A. Ortiz Bultr
aberryjr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: How to check what version of JDK/JRE NetBeans is using Reply with quote

You most likely have to go into <home dir>/etc/netbeans.conf and change the path to the JDK manually. You can also start netbeans with -jdkhome parm and point to the new JDK.
aberryjr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: How to check what version of JDK/JRE NetBeans is using Reply with quote

Correct, the statement is t
Shellback3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Got it fixed Reply with quote

Thanks all for your quick responses, I've got it fixed and will (probably) remember the process for next time. Now I can go home and update the version on my Mac.

Would be nice for a warning on the install, and a more informative diagnostic in NetBeans.

Nate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: