NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error: package folder already in use in another project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: error: package folder already in use in another project Reply with quote

I'm trying to import a source folder into a new project in Netbeans but I keep getting the error "package folder already in use in another project".

The rub is that I have no projects AT ALL. I deleted them all. I did check the little box that asks if you want to delete source. I said yes.

But Netbeans didn't delete any project folders in the NetbeansProjects...so I deleted them manually.

The only thing I can think of next is to reinstall Netbeans 6.9.

Where does Netbeans keep track of packages in use?
tchite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Maybe I can answer this now Reply with quote

If you see a project on the Internet, that you would like to put in Netbeans, you don't use the New Project functionality (under the file menu) of Netbeans which I was using.

Instead you copy the project folder to your computer, perhaps to the NetbeansProjects folder and then OPEN it (under the file menu).

It is a mystery to me what the FROM SOURCES selection does (File menu, New Project, Next, FROM SOURCES).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: