NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make the Design View available?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: How to make the Design View available? Reply with quote

I have a Java applet project. When I open the java file, I can choose between Design and Source.

I created a new applet project and essentially copied the code from the aforementioned project. When I open the new java file, I get only source view.

Could anyone tell me how to get the design view in this case?
areeda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How to make the Design View available? Reply with quote

Hong wrote:
I have a Java applet project. When I open the java file, I can choose between Design and Source.

I created a new applet project and essentially copied the code from the aforementioned project. When I open the new java file, I get only source view.

Could anyone tell me how to get the design view in this case?
I believe that the information needed for the design view is in <source name>.properties which is in the Resources folder.

I've never tried this but I think if you create a Resources folder and copy that file, it will work.

Joe
Hong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Joe.

I went to the folder of the original Java applet project which design view works and could not find the resource folder. I saw quite some files with the extension "properties" in folder nbproject. I checked all these files hoping to find some clue but could not find anything that looks like related to design view.
areeda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong wrote:
Thanks, Joe.

I went to the folder of the original Java applet project which design view works and could not find the resource folder. I saw quite some files with the extension "properties" in folder nbproject. I checked all these files hoping to find some clue but could not find anything that looks like related to design view.

I'm working with applications not applets but I believe they work the same. My GUI properties are in src/resources not the nbproject folder.

I may very well be wrong about applets. If so I apologize.

Joe
Hong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

I have finally figured out thanks to your tip.

I looked at the java file more carefully this time and found those with design view associate with two files each (right-click the java file > properties > All files). One is, of course, the java file itself (e.g. foo.java) and the other is a form file (e.g. foo.form). I copied the form file form file from the original project to the src folder and got the design view when reopening the java file. However I got an error initially and fixed it following the instructions of the following page:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FormGuardedBlockError
areeda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong wrote:
Joe,

I have finally figured out thanks to your tip.

I looked at the java file more carefully this time and found those with design view associate with two files each (right-click the java file > properties > All files). One is, of course, the java file itself (e.g. foo.java) and the other is a form file (e.g. foo.form). I copied the form file form file from the original project to the src folder and got the design view when reopening the java file. However I got an error initially and fixed it following the instructions of the following page:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FormGuardedBlockError

Glad it worked. I forgot about the .form files.

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: