NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generated files not copied from remote build host

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAndrew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Generated files not copied from remote build host Reply with quote

I'm using NetBeans 7.2 to remotely compile a C project with a custom makefile on anohter machine via automatic copying. I have set up the connection, including the build tools and code assistance properly, and compiling works just fine.

The only problem is that when the build finishes, the compiled build target and object files on the remote host are not copied back into the local directory. Although if I manually add them as empty files in the local directory then NetBeans does detect that they've changed and asks whether to update them.

Is there a way to have these files copied automatically?
Vladimir Kvashin
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Generated files not copied from remote build host Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

There is no such possibility.
You found correct workaround :)

Please file an issue here:

https://netbeans.org/people/login?original_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnetbeans.org%2Fbugzilla%2Fenter_bug.cgi%3Fproduct%3Dcnd

I'd like to ask a question though: what is the purpose of getting the
built binary on your local host (which most likely has different
operating system)? Is that because you build your final bits from the
IDE? Or the reason is different?

Regards,
Vladimir

On 08/30/2012 09:44 PM, LAndrew wrote:
Quote:
I'm using NetBeans 7.2 to remotely compile a C project with a custom makefile on anohter machine via automatic copying. I have set up the connection, including the build tools and code assistance properly, and compiling works just fine.

The only problem is that when the build finishes, the compiled build target and object files on the remote host are not copied back into the local directory. Although if I manually add them as empty files in the local directory then NetBeans does detect that they've changed and asks whether to update them.

Is there a way to have these files copied automatically?

LAndrew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Generated files not copied from remote build host Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I suspected it might be a bug because on this page it says it should work:

"If building your project remotely compiles libraries or generates other files in addition to the main build product, the IDE prompts you to download the files to the local system. You can select which changed files to download."

Vladimir Kvashin wrote:

I'd like to ask a question though: what is the purpose of getting the
built binary on your local host (which most likely has different
operating system)? Is that because you build your final bits from the
IDE? Or the reason is different?

I'm doing cross-compiling for a non-x86 architecture on a dedicated build server, and then debug it through an emulator on my local PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: