NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JAX-WS SOAP Message Handler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_cooper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: JAX-WS SOAP Message Handler Reply with quote

Help! Is anyone out there using SOAP Message Handlers?

I have two services, call them A and B. Service A creates a SOAP body and invokes B. B uses the SOAP input to generate a response and sends back the response. I have this working fine.

But, what I need is for a message handler for service A be invoked on the way to B. A's handler should add a SOAP header to the message.

B's handler should receive the inbound message from A, look at the SOAP header and make a decision.

Is there a tutorial or working sample project anywhere that I can learn from?

Windows XP, Tomcat 6, Netbeans 6.5, Java 1.6, Axis2 1.4 (optional)
alex.brooker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: BPEL script Reply with quote

Hi,

you could create a BPEL script to do this. try starting with the synchronous BPEL example and have the input to the BPEL match the message from A. Then assign something to the SOAP header before passing the message to B by invoking B from the BPEL script.

What should happen is that A then is changed to invoke the BPEL script and not B directly. Then the BPEL does the handling and invokes B. The reply from B can be returned to A via the reply from the BPEL script.

hope that's useful,

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: