NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combining multiple (Tomcat) threads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pernilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Combining multiple (Tomcat) threads Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Netbeans 5.5.1
Profiler 5.5.1
Tomcat 5.5.17

I start Profiler, refresh my servlet page ten times, then "Take snapshot". For some reason Tomcat creates two different threads even if I wait a long time between each refresh. If I refresh fast it creates more than two threads.

Then looking at the Call Tree, I get everything split up into the two or more threads, but I really don't care which thread it was run in... I just want everything to go into one pile.

I try to configure Tomcat to only allow ONE thread. For some reason it doesn't seem to recognize the configuration of maxThreads. This is how my "server.xml" looks at the moment:

Code:
<Connector URIEncoding="utf-8" acceptCount="1" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="1" maxThreads="1" minSpareThreads="1" port="8084" redirectPort="8443" />

I restarted Netbeans (which restarts the Profiler and Tomcat as well) but it still behaves the same.

Is there a setting in the Profiler to lump everything together as if it was one thread, or is there another place where I am supposed to limit Tomcat to only one thread?

Thank you all!
Tomas Hurka
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Combining multiple threads Reply with quote

Hi,

On 28 Mar 2011, at 18:10, Pernilla wrote:
Quote:

Netbeans 5.5.1
Profiler 5.5.1
Tomcat 5.5.17

I start Profiler, refresh my servlet page ten times, then "Take snapshot". For some reason Tomcat creates two different threads even if I wait a long time between each refresh. If I refresh fast it creates more than two threads.

Then looking at the Call Tree, I get everything split up into two or more categories, but I really don't care which thread it was run in... I just want everything to go into one pile.

I try to configure Tomcat to only allow ONE thread. For some reason it doesn't seem to recognize the configuration of maxThreads. This is how my "server.xml" looks at the moment:

Code:
<Connector URIEncoding="utf-8" acceptCount="1" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxSpareThreads="1" maxThreads="1" minSpareThreads="1" port="8084" redirectPort="8443" />

I restarted Netbeans (which restarts the Profiler and Tomcat as well) but it still behaves the same.

Is there a setting in the Profiler to lump everything together as if it was one thread, or is there another place where I am supposed to limit Tomcat to only one thread?

I am sorry, there is no such setting for the Profiler. The only place, where we lump everything together, is 'HotSpot' tab.

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka <mailto:address-removed>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org
VisualVM http://visualvm.java.net
Software Developer
Oracle, Praha Czech Republic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: