NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugger for rails

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Debugger for rails Reply with quote

I am new to Netbeans, I installed it in hopes of getting a real working debugger for rails. It does not seem to work though - when I set a break point and start the server then hit the bit of code with the breakpoint nothing happens. Has anyone successfully used the debugging tools in Netbeans with a rails application?
Paulo Pessoa
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Debugger for rails Reply with quote

did you install gems?'ruby-debug-ide'

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM, johnh <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

I am new to Netbeans, I installed it in hopes of getting a real working debugger for rails.
Manuel Ramos
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Debugger for rails Reply with quote

I used to debug in a old rails 2.x . Maybe you have 3x version that isn't well supported.

El 03/08/2011 14:10, Paulo Pessoa escribi
fraisstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Rails Debugger Reply with quote

I don't know what versions / OS combo you have installed but if you're running Windows, this may help you: http://noteslog.com/post/netbeans-6-9-1-ruby-1-9-2-rails-3-0-0-debugging/

Then, in the Netbeans project properties, under the Rails category, add "-debug" to the Rake arguments.
SmithMikes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have problem same like that and i have find some solution after reading here thank you all

Last edited by SmithMikes on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: