NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Ruby still on the NetBeans radar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilia80

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"this thing is dying fast for Ruby"
I disagree! I work as a freelancer now, tried to work for Joomla and RoR at the same time but then switched 100% to Ruby. It has the potential

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: nothing is crap Reply with quote

We should never say something is crap, anyway it is the result of people's energy and result. Buy Tera Gold At least in the early days, "TERA" content on the occupational differences is not much real difference is reflected in the various occupational completely different way of fighting.
ReggieB

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Thanks to THOMAS ENEBO, I'm still using Netbeans for Ruby Reply with quote

I've recently upgraded to Netbeans 7.1.2 and thank to the tweaks described here:

http://blog.enebo.com/2012/01/workaround-for-ruby-support-on-netbeans.html

I'm running without any problem. Some of the integrated stuff (generators and tests for example) don't work for me, but that's mainly because I'm jumping from project to project and therefore my Rails and Ruby versions are constantly changing. I find it easier to drop to the command line for the stuff I used to do in Netbeans in the heady days of Rails 2.

The main thing for me is that refactoring tools still work for me. It is this that raises Netbeans above just being a text editor for code syntaxing.

I've also moved to Linux as my preferred development, and using Netbeans has made that transition easy (how did I manage all those years without RVM?)
Thomas E Enebo
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Is Ruby still on the NetBeans radar? Reply with quote

It is still on the radar. The last month or two has been very chaotic
with JRuby work. I will try and pop back on the tracks for the next
substantial release of NB and still provide working versions via other
means until then. Progress has been made but it is mostly not
user-visible and are internal changes to make it easier to update
things.

-Tom

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:32 AM, ReggieB <address-removed> wrote:
Quote:

I've recently upgraded to Netbeans 7.1.2 and thank to the tweaks described here:

http://blog.enebo.com/2012/01/workaround-for-ruby-support-on-netbeans.html

I'm running without any problem. Some of the integrated stuff (generators and tests for example) don't work for me, but that's mainly because I'm jumping from project to project and therefore my Rails and Ruby versions are constantly changing. I find it easier to drop to the command line for the stuff I used to do in Netbeans in the heady days of Rails 2.

The main thing for me is that refactoring tools still work for me. It is this that raises Netbeans above just being a text editor for code syntaxing.

I've also moved to Linux as my preferred development, and using Netbeans has made that transition easy (how did I manage all those years without RVM?)

--
blog: http://blog.enebo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: