NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruby and RVM gemsets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankgrimes97

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Ruby and RVM gemsets Reply with quote

Hi All,

We have a bunch of Ruby projects which have .rvmrc files to specify per-project RVM gemsets.
When trying to run/debug these projects through NetBeans we get errors that the required gems cannot be found/loaded.

Is there a way to accomplish this in NetBeans?

Specifically, I'm looking for something along these lines (or some other workaround):

http://blogs.jetbrains.com/ruby/2010/04/rvm-support-in-rubymine-2-0-2/

Thanks,

Frank Grimes
yokolet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Ruby and RVM gemsets Reply with quote

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM, frankgrimes97 <address-removed> wrote:
Quote:
We have a bunch of Ruby projects which have .rvmrc files to specify per-project RVM gemsets.
When trying to run/debug these projects through NetBeans we get errors that the required gems cannot be found/loaded.

Specifically, I'm looking for something along these lines (or some other workaround):

Recently, I attempted this. I could set a specific gemset, but didn't
succeed to set multiple gemsets for a single ruby at the same time.

-Yoko
frankgrimes97

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tried adding different named platforms to point to the same interpreter with different gem homes/paths.

e.g.
Ruby 1.8.7-p334@project1
Ruby 1.8.7-p334@project2

However, it seems that the platform name is derived from the interpreter and cannot be overridden so adding the same interpreter twice doesn't work.

What's the proper channel to enter a feature request for the NetBeans Ruby and Rails plugin?
Has this perhaps already been requested?

Thanks,

Frank Grimes
rob2881

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby and RVM gemsets Reply with quote

frankgrimes97 wrote:

Anyone know if there has been any progress on this? Is there a feature request somewhere? I'm having the same problem getting gemsets working with Netbeans.

Thanks,
Rob
MaryannM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, guys! As far as I understand there are many of us who have faced this problem. I searched through the topic but still found no answer to the question that interests us all. So, is there anyone who can actually provide us with some help or instruction?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: