NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to find matching navigation case with from-view-id '/finder.xhtml' for action

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaimac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Unable to find matching navigation case with from-view-id '/finder.xhtml' for action Reply with quote

I have been using JAVA for some time now, but have just decided to delve into Web Applications using JSF. In my understanding, it's always best on understand the very fundamentals of creating, reading, updating and deleting an application to really get a good start in Enterprise application development.
I am trying to build a simple enterprise application using jsf and ejb session beans and entity classes for java db, the entity class has three fields; id, firstname, and lastname. I can persist the data to the database, but i am stuck on finding a particular record using the usual find method with the id parameter, and i can't find a way out. I get this error message; Unable to find matching navigation case with from-view-id '/finder.xhtml' for action '#{identity.find(identity.itable.id)}' with outcome 'entities.identitytable[ id=51 ]'
I have a class name finder.xhtml, a managed bean named identity and this is the main code in the finder.xhtml file if necessary

<h:body>
<h2>Welcome to Record Finder!</h2>

<f:view>
<h:form>
<h:panelGrid id="panel" columns="2">
<h:panelGroup/>
<h:messages for="panel"/>
<h:inputText id="searchtext" title="Enter Search Text" value="#{identity.itable.id}"/>
<h:commandButton id="searchbutton" value="Find" action="#{identity.find(identity.itable.id)}"/>
<h:outputLabel value="First Name:" for="firstname"/>
<h:outputText id="firstname" value="#{identity.itable.setFirstname(identity.ita ble.firstname)}"/>
<h:outputLabel value="Last Name:" for="lastname"/>
<h:outputText id="lastname" value="#{identity.itable.lastname}"/>
</h:panelGrid>
</h:form>
</f:view>

</h:body>

please help me so i can proceed....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: