NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

Hi folks,

netbeans.org is now incorporating a forum interface onto its most popular mailing lists. Check it out at http://forums.netbeans.org/.

This NetBeans Users forum is linked with the users @ netbeans.org mailing list. So when you post to a topic on the forum it goes out to the mailing list, and when someone replies on the mailing list it shows up on the forum.

Since forums.netbeans.org is running on different software than the netbeans.org CollabNet infrastructure, you do have to register separately with forums.netbeans.org. Your netbeans.org user name and password will not work on forums.netbeans.org. We apologize for making you register twice!

Thanks, and please send any problems or comments to webmaster @ netbeans dot org.

The netbeans.org Team
mobiper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Mobiper.com Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful information. I know about your netbeans mailing list. but still i have not member of this forum.
deadgodinme

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Sir Reply with quote

Can you help me?
I have a problem right now, how to put a code to seach in the table..
if you put a entry in the Search text field it will highlight the item in the table.. thanks sir.. i appreciate your help..

table.jpg
 Description:
Here is my Design sir
 Filesize:  32.55 KB
 Viewed:  16145 Time(s)

table.jpg

dingfelder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please post your question in it's own thread instead of addig it to a previous message.

Adding to an existing thread is called hijacking, and makes it very difficult for users to monitor threads (and will decrease the chance of anyone answering your question)
joeowen83

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forums.netbeans.org is running on different software than the netbeans.org so you have to to register separately. For the forum you need to have a separate username and password.
Ricardus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Mailing list and WWW forum out of sync? Reply with quote

I think this WWW forum here isn't in snync with the Netbeans mailing list -- or vice versa.
That could explain why on many questions or answers there's just no reaction at all -- simply because people don't see the posts.

Nobody noticed? Please admins, moderators, users, do perform a check. We're loosing postings. For example:

The thread "NetBeans on multiple machines" http://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?t=46377

... ends on the WWW forum with my posting.

But on the Gmane Usenet group which usually reflects the Netbeans mailing lists (a bit delayed) there's another posting from:
Quote:
Subject: Re: NetBeans on multiple machines
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.java.ide.netbeans.user
Date: 2012-02-08 21:30:21 GMT

Please see here: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.netbeans.user/169857

Since I'm not on the Netbeans mailing list but read the Gmane usenet AND this WWW forum, could some mailing list readers please cross-check it? Thanks.

P.S. Why is it that whenever I post a new posting to this WWW forum I receive an e-mail from "SYMPA" with the topic "Message distribution" and its content says "Your message for list nbusers@netbeans.org has been forwarded to editor(s)" ?
matthewcornell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

admin wrote:
This NetBeans Users forum is linked with the users @ netbeans.org mailing list. So when you post to a topic on the forum it goes out to the mailing list, and when someone replies on the mailing list it shows up on the forum.

Folks, I don't think this is working. I've posted a number of things via email which have not shown up here, and vice versa. Also, in many cases I've not had any replies.
Ricardus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

matthewcornell wrote:
admin wrote:

Folks, I don't think this is working. I've posted a number of things via email which have not shown up here, and vice versa. Also, in many cases I've not had any replies.

It indeed doesn't work!
Posts are lost regularly. Several articles posted via Web forum aren't seen in the mailing-list, and several articles posted in the mailing-list aren't seen in the Web forum. And again: this happens regularly.

Several people told so already (please see above) but nobody seems to care. And we users can't do a thing about it.

I'm not sure what's going on. Do we have mailings-list and Web forum administrators? Or have they been lost during Oracle's absorption of good old SUN ?

For sure it kills the Netbeans community and hence Netbeans!

Because many people will just go away from Netbeans when they get no answer to their serious questions because those knowing the answer didn't see their questions which basically splits the community in two parallel worlds not knowing each other.

It's a pity. I'm using Netbeans and its forums for many years and once the Netbeans community was just great (and the mailing-list worked).
ryanmenezies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: i need help with the coding of my netbeans project please Reply with quote

hi guys
i am doing a netbeans project for school and i desperately need help with two things in my project. the help would be appreciated.

first thing is that when i compile and run my netbeans project the wrong jframe appears first. i dont know what could cause that. any ideas? and how can i fix it?

second thing is that i have created a jframe that is used to link to a database and is so that users can sign in. it works fine but only works for the first row of info in my database. could u take a look at the coding bellow and see if u have any idea why that is the case.

thanks a million guys.

try{
String sql ="SELECT UserID,Password FROM User ";

ResultSet rs = obj.queryTbl(sql);
rs.next();
String user= rs.getString("UserID");
String pass= rs.getString("Password");
String p=password.getText();
String u =userID.getText();

if(user.equals(u)&& pass.equals(p)){
k=1;
}
if( k==1){
this.dispose();
new Visitor().setVisible(true);

}
else{
TextArea.setText("The password or user ID entered was incorrect!");
}

rs.close();
}

catch(Exception e){
System.out.println("test 1"+e.toString());
}
Edson Richter
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

For the first issue, check you project "main class". It must be pointing
to the wrong class.

For the second issue, you have a concept mistake there. You should look
for a Java group to help you (it is not a NetBeans issue). Nevertheless,
I'll try to point you into the right direction:

Try something similar to:

try{
String sql ="SELECT UserID,Password FROM User where UserID = "+userID.getText();

rs.next();

if(pass.equals(p)){
k=1;
}

... and then, continue with your code.

Regards,

Edson

Em 15/09/2012 12:26, ryanmenezies escreveu:
Quote:
hi guys
i am doing a netbeans project for school and i desperately need help with two things in my project. the help would be appreciated.

first thing is that when i compile and run my netbeans project the wrong jframe appears first. i dont know what could cause that. any ideas? and how can i fix it?

second thing is that i have created a jframe that is used to link to a database and is so that users can sign in. it works fine but only works for the first row of info in my database. could u take a look at the coding bellow and see if u have any idea why that is the case.

thanks a million guys.

try{

rs.next();

k=1;
}
if( k==1){
this.dispose();

}
else{
}

rs.close();
}

catch(Exception e){
}

Edson Richter
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

Where to set main class (Project properties -> Run -> Main Class):

regards,

Edson.

Em 15/09/2012 12:26, ryanmenezies escreveu:

Quote:
Quote:
hi guys

thanks a million guys.

try{

rs.next();

k=1;
}
if( k==1){
this.dispose();

}
else{
}

rs.close();
}

catch(Exception e){
}

eibaejeg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.61 KB
 Viewed:  9938 Time(s)

eibaejeg.png

SARAFARAJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Getting error to run desktop application out side IDE Reply with quote

Dear Sir

I am developing java desktop application for windows 7, Using GUI tool of net bean. It work properly in IDE, but when i am trying to run it outside it gives error as" could not found or load main class c:\users\..........\uartcomm", here uartcomm is my project name. I am using RXTX lib for my application.

please help me
trhouse
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

On 11/3/2012 8:14 AM, SARAFARAJ wrote:
Quote:
Dear Sir

I am developing desktop application for windows 7, Using GUI tool of net bean. It work properly in IDE, but when i am trying to run it outside it gives error as" not found or main not present in uartcomm", here uartcomm is my project name. I am using RXTX lib for my application.

please help me

You re not invoking java from the right directory relative to the .class
file which contains your public static void main(String args[]) method
or you're not calling it by its full name, which includes it's package
specification as found in the first line of the source code.

Try some looking at some online Java tutorials for beginners and also
JavaRanch has an excellent community for this. It's probably not a NB
problem although if you give me the paths and the directory you're
invoking java from I'll try to help.

HTH
SARAFARAJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: hello firend Reply with quote

thanks for replay,
I am research student of Solapur University, India, I am working on embedded system development and trying to develop desktop application for it. Actually i got error as " could not found or load main class c:\users\navaj\desktop\dist\uartcomm.jar"
Mack06

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: NetBeans Users Forum and the users@netbeans.org Mailing List Reply with quote

Except for replies to the mailing list may not show up on the forum. It is more reliable if you subscribe to the mailing list and you will more likely get help.

admin wrote:
Hi folks,

netbeans.org is now incorporating a forum interface onto its most popular mailing lists. Check it out at http://forums.netbeans.org/.

Since forums.netbeans.org is running on different software than the netbeans.org CollabNet infrastructure, you do have to register separately with forums.netbeans.org. Your netbeans.org user name and password will not work on forums.netbeans.org. We apologize for making you register twice!

Thanks, and please send any problems or comments to webmaster @ netbeans dot org.

The netbeans.org Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: