NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profiling to include java.** in root classes very slow server start (over 20 minutes)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klogger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Profiling to include java.** in root classes very slow server start (over 20 minutes) Reply with quote

When I click:

Profile > Main project > Part of application > and add 'java.**' and 'dozer.**' as the root methods

I am finding that the server takes so long to start up that I kill it before it does so. I have waited for up to 20 minutes for it to start. If I just profile Dozer, the server start up OK. Should it be taking so long for the server to start? Am I doing something wrong by adding java.** to the list of 'root methods'?

I need to find which JDK methods Dozer is calling, and taking so much time over, so that I can find out how to get around a slow response in my app.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Jiri Sedlacek
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Profiling to include java.** in root classes very slow server start (over 20 minutes) Reply with quote

On 12/15/2010 8:45 PM, klogger wrote:
Quote:
When I click:

Profile> Main project> Part of application> and add 'java.**' and 'dozer.**'

I am finding that the server takes so long to start up that I kill it before it does so. I have waited for up to 20 minutes for it to start. If I just profile Dozer, the server start up OK. Should it be taking so long for the server to start? Am I doing something wrong by adding java.** to the list of 'root methods'? Any suggestions appreciated.

The server startup is slow because each method in 'java' package and all subpackages is being
profiled. This doesn't make much sense unless you're a JDK developer trying to improve performance
of the JDK classes.

You probably want to set just 'dozer.**' as root classes and make sure that 'java.**' classes will
be matched by the instrumentation filter (even though not necessary for the same reason as mentioned
above). This will start profiling and collecting data as soon as any of the 'dozer.**' methods are
executed and will track all 'java.**' invocations called from these methods.

Jiri

Quote:

klogger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Jiri, that got it working.
sarahjoe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My maven project is opened in Netbeans.

I profile the project using the profile main project button, then I do analyze performance with the options : entire application and exclude java core classes.
Atif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: brain wash Reply with quote

I have Wildfly 8.1.0 installed as the only server in Netbeans 8.0.2 and the only datasources that are shown in the dropdown in the Entity Classes from Databases template is those that have been configured on the Wildfly server.

The application being developed is a JavaEE webapp generated from a Maven archetype

Is this correct?.

I do not have a create new connection option or have any of the databases configured in the Databases group.

Thanks Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: