NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes in appearance of editor/IDE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xkkpafi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Changes in appearance of editor/IDE Reply with quote

The most annoying feature of Netbeans 6.5 are the number of unsolicited changes that occur to the IDE whilst one is working, and the amount of time and effort that one has to devote to trying to reverse these changes. Suddenly, in the middle of editing source code my cursor changes from a line cursor to a black flashing block cursor that I detest having to work with. This has now cost me two hours work and a lot of frustration with no resolution in sight. I wish the Netbeans people would sort out these kinds of problems before releasing the stuff.
arittner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

To chosse between override and insert mode, please use the "Insert" key on your keyboard. The visual feedback is a block cursor for override and a small line cursor for insert. But this feature exists longer than NB 6.5 and is a typical feature in all well known editors, also in Word, OpenOffice Writer and some other IDEs.

br, josh.
Trenton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Thank you arittner Reply with quote

I was struggling with the same problem today and now I know to use the insert key on my keyboard. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Community Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: