NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New ES6 support complaining JavaScript syntax

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zejiang

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: New ES6 support complaining JavaScript syntax Reply with quote

Current 8.1 release doesn't support ES6, so I had to download a development snapshot (HTML5/JS bundle) today. Then I created an HTML5/JS project with Node.js.
After creation, the project complaining (as error, not warning) lot of JavaScript files from the libraries do not have semi colon after import or export lines.

I tried manually adding the semi colons for import/export., then the full file was filled with warning because all the other lines were not ended with semi colons.

So, how to make Netbeans not consider JavaScript lines need to end with semi colons? If there is no way, then do I need to do something to make sure the 8.2 release in Aug will have this fixed?

Thanks!
ppisl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: New ES6 support complaining JavaScript syntax Reply with quote

Hi,

we are now solving the problem. See issue
https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=262449

Thanks,
Petr

On 20.6.2016 03:08, zejiang wrote:
Quote:
Current 8.1 release doesn't support ES6, so I had to download a development snapshot (HTML5/JS bundle) today. Then I created an HTML5/JS project with Node.js.
After creation, the project complaining (as error, not warning) lot of JavaScript files from the libraries do not have semi colon after import or export lines.

I tried manually adding the semi colons for import/export., then the full file was filled with warning because all the other lines were not ended with semi colons.

So, how to make Netbeans not consider JavaScript lines need to end with semi colons? If there is no way, then do I need to do something to make sure the 8.2 release in Aug will have this fixed?

Thanks!

zejiang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I tried a new snapshot, and can confirm the problem is almost resolved.

The "almost" is because of 2 things:
There is still one (yes, only one) file shows errors on its import/export lines (attached);
All other statements on JS files still showing warnings for ending semi colon.

I created the "HTML5/JS Application with Node.js" project with "Enable Express" checked during creation. Everything used were from fresh Netbeans installation.

Also, if I keep "Add Less Support" selected after checking "Enable Express" during project creation, I'd get some files that not structurally completed, means more errors.

Thanks.
ppisl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: New ES6 support complaining JavaScript syntax Reply with quote

The described problem is connected with the node code. If we delete the
first line: #!/usr/bin/env node it will work.

See more https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=262527

Thanks,
Petr

On 22.6.2016 05:53, zejiang wrote:
Quote:
Today I tried a new snapshot, and can confirm the problem is almost resolved.

The "almost" is because of 2 things:
There is still one (yes, only one) file shows errors on its import/export lines (attached);
All other statements on JS files still showing warnings for ending semi colon.

I created the "HTML5/JS Application with Node.js" project with "Enable Express" checked during creation. Everything used were from fresh Netbeans installation.

Also, if I keep "Add Less Support" selected after checking "Enable Express" during project creation, I'd get some files that not structurally completed, means more errors.

Thanks.

Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/netbeans_210.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Web Client Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: