NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HTML5 Demo tutorial does not match what I see in the app

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennytilton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: HTML5 Demo tutorial does not match what I see in the app Reply with quote

Total noob here.

NetBeans seems great but I want to start from a vanilla HTML5/JS app and the tutorial for that does not match what I see in the application.

Specifically, Step 4 in the wizard is documented to be "Javascript Files" and the Step 4 I saw was "Tools".

I created the project anyway and continued the tutorial but of course it immediately begins by adding references to the jquery files I was supposed to grab at step 4.

I will try to figure out if I can add those via the IDE after the fact or just DL those files myself and set things up as I see them in the doc, but I am wondering if I have messed something up (or abandon the tutorial as out of date).

-kt
kennytilton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: no luck adding library post hoc via Ide Reply with quote

This bit in the tutorial got my hopes up:

Quote:
To add a JavaScript library to a project, right-click the project node and choose Properties to open the Project Properties window. You can add libraries in the JavaScript Libraries panel of the Project Properties window.

I found the panel but no way to actually add a library.

I will try adding manually.

btw, I went back and started over and did not turn off all the suggested tools but no better as far as I can tell.

-kt
surendra.k
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: HTML5 Demo tutorial does not match what I see in the app Reply with quote

-------- Original Message ----------

This bit in the tutorial got my hopes up: To add a JavaScript library
to a project, right-click the project node and choose Properties to
open the Project Properties window. You can add libraries in the
JavaScript Libraries panel of the Project Properties window. I found
the panel but no way to actually add a library. I will try adding
manually. btw, I went back and started over and did not turn off all
the suggested tools but no better as far as I can tell. -kt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Web Client Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: