NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programatically doing 'Find Usages"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Programatically doing 'Find Usages" Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Pardon my newbie questions:

Background: i am writing a new search plugin for Java development (please correct if this is not the right forum)

1. Specifically, i am requesting suggestions for sample/open source code for "Find Usages". I wish to provide some additional user action based on the search results.

2. Once the user clicks on a particular field (i have that working using the sample CopyFQNAction plugin), i would like to display a new button.

Use case:

User selects any java.util.logging.Logger.log() statements in a Java file and the code should find all instances of similar log() statements in all the open projects (same as what is being done by 'Find Usages'. However, rather than display these in the Usage output window, i want to analyze the statement and provide logging recommendations to the user.

Thanks,
Sunil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: