NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using module definition (i.e. .def files) for exporting public functions in dll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trijonb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Using module definition (i.e. .def files) for exporting public functions in dll Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I usually develop java applications, but am writing a c/c++ dll at the moment. I have written it all up in VS2015, and exported the functions i needed using a .def file.

Unfortunately i dont want to edit the header i am using because its part of a distribution, and the functions cannot then be marked up explicitly in the header.

in VS, you can include a source.def file to tell the compiler which functions to export. i have included the .def file in the sources folder now in NB (i prefer it) but cannot get the linker to read in this file as well when linking the dll together.

i am using mingw as the toolchain. does anyone know if this is possible, i would really prefer to use this method rather than changing the header ...

very many thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: