NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I avoid the error: Exception in DebugThread loop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
latasoy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: How can I avoid the error: Exception in DebugThread loop Reply with quote

I have upgraded to NB 6.9 recently, hoping this bug goes away but it seems to be there still...
When I'm debugging, I am routinely running into an error which kills the debugging session when I click on the NB variables tab. When this happens,
the output tab shows the following explanation (or lack there of):
Exception in DebugThread loop: method `is_a?' called on terminated object (0x2468f60)

To avoid the error, I have to switch the tabs immediately to output after I restart the debugging session. If it is on the variable tabs is shown, the session dies immediately.

What is strange is that the problem does not happen with most simpler ruby applications, but with happens very frequently with our complex testing framework that uses selenium and ruby.

I am using Ruby 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [i386-mingw32]

I feel NB ruby has everything I need, and I would call it the perfect IDE except for this annoying bug. Does anyone know a way around it or have any pointers for me to debug what may be causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
farewellhcl0808

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm XiaoHua, a chinese girl,very glad to meet you.
I'd like to help you in learning Chinese. Also hope to improve next myself in English.I hope we can be good friends
microsoft office 2007 coach outletmicrosoft office 2010
plumbingamo123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Ruby Users Reply with quote

Wonderful post. I would definitely try to incorporate the tips you have shared. I would be glad if you could refer me some more stuff of niche.
Plumbing Grapevine TX
Roofing Fort Lauderdale FL
Plumbing West palm beach FL
Plumbing Milford CT
Plumbing Meriden CT
Plumbing New Haven CT
Plumbing Fort Lauderdale FL
ian2norton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: plumbing services Reply with quote

I'm glad it was helpful. Thanks for sharing such a great post!

Plumbing Boca Raton
Schaumburg Plumbing
Palm Beach Gardens Plumbing
West palm beach Plumbing
Plumbing West palm beach FL
ytfgha20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post.
MatthewSamantha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruby 1.8.7??
SuzanneKamper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Thanks a lot for the help Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, couldn't figure it out myself but i managed to pull it off because of the article.
-Enric Tellez Web Developer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: