NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Examples of NavigatorDisplayer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matteo Di Giovinazzo
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Examples of NavigatorDisplayer Reply with quote

Hi there, bumping this discussion:
Anyone out there used the NavigatorDisplayer API? I red it has been used in JDeveloper (and likely created specifically for it): is there any Oracle developer that can give me some hint?

I followed what is in the API http://bits.netbeans.org/8.1/javadoc/org-netbeans-spi-navigator/org/netbeans/spi/navigator/NavigatorDisplayer.html
  1. I created another top component
  2. registered as a ServiceProvider implementing NavigatorDisplayer interface
  3. called NavigatorHandler.activateNavigator() just before opening it
  4. but I do not receive any of these calls NavigatorDisplayer:void[url=http://bits.netbeans.org/8.1/javadoc/org-netbeans-spi-navigator/org/netbeans/spi/navigator/NavigatorDisplayer.html#setPanels(java.util.List,%20org.netbeans.spi.navigator.NavigatorPanel)]setPanels[/url](List<? extends NavigatorPanel> panels, NavigatorPanel select)Called to set all the panels to display, plus which one should be selected.
    void[url=http://bits.netbeans.org/8.1/javadoc/org-netbeans-spi-navigator/org/netbeans/spi/navigator/NavigatorDisplayer.html#setSelectedPanel(org.netbeans.spi.navigator.NavigatorPanel)]setSelectedPanel[/url](NavigatorPanel panel)Called to select given panel in the UI.

what am I doing wrong? What is missing?

Thanks for any hint!
-Matteo Di Giovinazzo

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Matteo Di Giovinazzo <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hello, are there any example out there of implementations of NavigatorDisplayer?

We would like to use that API to have our own navigator with tabs instead of the Navigator combobox to show the different NavigatorPanels.

Thanks for any hint!
-Matteo

--

MATTEO DI GIOVINAZZO

studioSL developer
Streamsim Technologies, Inc.

--

MATTEO DI GIOVINAZZO

studioSL developer
Streamsim Technologies, Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: