NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installer version number

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chhh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Installer version number Reply with quote

Does anyone still remember how to update the version number of the product?

It is 1.0.0.0 by default. If you don't update that when creating a new installer, running the installer of the new version will give you a message, that the product is already installed.

AFAIR, those values were all hidden inside the harness. I've tried changing the values as per here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17626614/set-the-release-version-for-netbeans-rcp-application-windows-installer, but it didn't help. Still got the installer message.

Thanks,
Dmitry
Peter Hansson
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Installer version number Reply with quote

Is your project Maven or Ant based?

If your project is Maven based then it won't help to do as described in the answer on SO. 

(when using Maven your harness gets downloaded as a Maven artifact and copied into your target directory when you build)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Dmitry Avtonomov <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

It is 1.0.0.0 by default. If you don't update that when creating a new installer, running the installer of the new version will give you a message, that the product is already installed.

AFAIR, those values were all hidden inside the harness. I've tried changing the values as per here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17626614/set-the-release-version-for-netbeans-rcp-application-windows-installer, but it didn't help. Still got the installer message.

Thanks,
Dmitry

chhh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Installer version number Reply with quote

Mine is ant based, Peter

On Jan 20, 2017 06:42, "Peter Hansson" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

If your project is Maven based then it won't help to do as described in the answer on SO. 

(when using Maven your harness gets downloaded as a Maven artifact and copied into your target directory when you build)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Dmitry Avtonomov <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Dmitry

chhh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Installer version number Reply with quote

And I use my own platform copy to build the application, not the one that comes with the IDE

On Jan 20, 2017 09:29, "Dmitry Avtonomov" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Mine is ant based, Peter

On Jan 20, 2017 06:42, "Peter Hansson" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks,
Dmitry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: