NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dk1979

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm using Netbeans 8.2 under ubuntu 16.04 and gdb 7.11. I'm trying to debug a c++ app that need sudo to run. The thing I've tried are the following:
1) Use the script solution with #!/bin/bash sudo /usr/bin/gdb $* script loaded in debug command under tools->c++->debug command
2) I updated the gdp into 7.12.

Every time I get the following pop up message :

gdb has unexpectedly stopped with return 1

Does anyone has any idea how to solve it ?
Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Don't sudo. Create a "remote location" root@localhost and set it for your project configuration.

It's a lot less trouble with the same result.

Or you can setcap on you executable so you don't need to be root.

On 31 Jan 2017 16:53, "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
I'm using Netbeans 8.2 under ubuntu 16.04 and gdb 7.11. I'm trying to debug a c++ app that need sudo to run. The thing I've tried are the following:
1) Use the script solution with #!/bin/bash sudo /usr/bin/gdb $*  script loaded in debug command under tools->c++->debug command
2) I updated the gdp into 7.12.

Every time I get the following pop up message :

Does anyone has any idea how to solve it ?

dk1979

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Hi Paulo and thanks for your quick response. However since I'm quite new in linux development where can I find more details regarding setcap ?
Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Try googling setcap manpage

On 1 Feb 2017 05:14, "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Paulo and thanks for your quick response. However since I'm quite new in linux development where can I find more details regarding setcap ?

dk1979

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Hi again
I tried the command setcap cap_net_raw+ep myapp
at the distributable c++ file that was created by Netbeans when Debug mode was used. When I run the app I had no problem but when I tried to debug I again got the pop up message:
Regarding the second alternative which included the root@localhost I created a new topic because it didn't work either.
Perhaps this is a bug and since it's crucial for the development of my project if I can't get it work my only alternative left is to change IDE
Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Did you remove the sudo gdb command?

On 2 Feb 2017 05:16, "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi again
I tried the command setcap cap_net_raw+ep  myapp
at the distributable c++ file that was created by Netbeans when Debug mode was used. When I run the app I had no problem but when I tried to debug I again got the pop up message:
Regarding the second alternative which included the root@localhost I created a new topic because it didn't work either.
Perhaps this is a bug and since it's crucial for the development of my project if I can't get it work my only alternative left is to change IDE

dk1979

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Debugging with sudo not working whatever I tried Reply with quote

Yes I removed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: