NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running PHP (server-side scripting) in a Netbeans module that is designed for client-side scripting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bouncingcoconut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Running PHP (server-side scripting) in a Netbeans module that is designed for client-side scripting Reply with quote

I'm using the HTML5Application module in Netbeans IDE. My code has HTML, Javascript and PHP, this module doesn't run PHP because this module is only a client-side scripting module (or am I missing something?). Please see the screenshots for information.

Is there a module in Netbeans IDE that is able to run both client and server-side code? Rather than me using two editors i.e. a PHP editor and my Netbeans IDE?

Actually, would it be beneficial if I use 2 programs? If say I run something, how would I ensure that both programs work together? Or am I getting this entirely wrong?

Netbeans does actually have a PHP project module, which is a module designed for server-side scripting.

Thanks,

Henry
Tomas Mysik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Running PHP (server-side scripting) in a Netbeans module that is designed for client-side scripting Reply with quote

Hi,

Dne Monday 29 of February 2016 01:32:41, bouncingcoconut napsal(a):
Quote:
Is there a module in Netbeans IDE that is able to run both client and
server-side code? Rather than me using two editors i.e. a PHP editor and my
Netbeans IDE?

I guess you should have 2 projects - one HTML5 with your client-side files and
one PHP project with your server-side files.

Tomas
bouncingcoconut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: @Tomas Mysik Reply with quote

@Tomas Mysik: thank you for your input, it's a very helpful suggestion.
ClintonGallagher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Running PHP (server-side scripting) in a Netbeans module that is designed for client-side scripting Reply with quote

Tomas Mysik wrote:
Hi,

Dne Monday 29 of February 2016 01:32:41, bouncingcoconut napsal(a):
Quote:
Is there a module in Netbeans IDE that is able to run both client and
server-side code? Rather than me using two editors i.e. a PHP editor and my
Netbeans IDE?

I guess you should have 2 projects - one HTML5 with your client-side files and
one PHP project with your server-side files.

Tomas

I just installed NetBeans and trying to learn to use it for WordPress development. Am I to understand we should be using two projects to develop projects for WordPress which mingles PHP with HTML?

This would not be good news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Web Client Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: