NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syncronize from source to production line by line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaCoder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Syncronize from source to production line by line Reply with quote

Hi,

apparently, when I syncronize the code with an FTP Server, I can syncronize FROM the production TO the LOCAL, but I cannot do viceversa, FROM local changes TO REMOTE ( using "syncronize" funzionality )

It could be really useful if we could upload to the deployment server only selected lines of code, instead of the entire file with "upload..." function.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks
paolosca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Syncronize from source to production line by line Reply with quote

Hello,

Synchronize allows you to decide which files from local or remote are the good ones, you may choose in example to upload to the server some of the files you just edited, download some files you colleagues updated from the server, and leave the rest of the project alone, all in the same run [1].

AFAIK there is no way for FTP to upload only a single line of a file. If you want to upload only changes I suggest you implement a CVS like Subversion or GIT. In alternative you can use diff and patch, but it seems troublesome to me compared to a CVS.

Have a nice day,

Paolo

[1] https://blogs.oracle.com/netbeansphp/entry/remote_synchronization1

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:01 PM, LukaCoder <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

apparently, when I syncronize the code with an FTP Server, I can syncronize  FROM the production TO the LOCAL, but I cannot do viceversa, FROM local changes TO REMOTE  ( using "syncronize" funzionality )

It could be really useful if we could upload to the deployment server only selected lines of code, instead of the entire file with "upload..." function.

Is there a way to do this?

thanks

LukaCoder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I understand what you mean; I thought NB could implements some kind of funcionality such as "Beyond Compare" !

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: