NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened with plugin repositories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

I just started new job and setting up my environment.I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,
I had a surprise waiting for me.
Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins.
I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal.
I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance.
Anyone can tell me what is going on?

Screen_Shot_2017-03-09_at_4.52.45_PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.9 KB
 Viewed:  391 Time(s)

Screen_Shot_2017-03-09_at_4.52.45_PM.png

Martin Balin
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

Should be OK now. I've just checked and there 142 plugins for my distro.
Martin

On 10.3.2017 01:54, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I just started new job and setting up my environment.
I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I
wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,
Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less
then two dozen of certified plugins.
I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing
comes from say Plugin Portal.
I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and
manually downloading from there is more nuisance.
Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

Nope,
It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.

Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed> wrote:

Martin

Quote:
I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,
Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins.
I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal.
I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance.
geertjan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

Go to the Settings tab in the Plugin Manager.

Which update centers are listed and selected there?

Can you make a screenshot of that tab and send it here?

Gj

On 13-3-2017 23:36, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Nope,
It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.

Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed> wrote:

Martin

Quote:
I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,
Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

Here it is.
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 12:47 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Go to the Settings tab in the Plugin Manager.Which update centers are listed and selected there?Can you make a screenshot of that tab and send it here?GjOn 13-3-2017 23:36, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Nope,It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:Should be OK now. I've just checked and there 142 plugins for my distro.MartinOn 10.3.2017 01:54, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I just started new job and setting up my environment.I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,I had a surprise waiting for me.Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins.I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal.I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance.Anyone can tell me what is going on?

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_9.26.32_AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.2 KB
 Viewed:  270 Time(s)

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_9.26.32_AM.png

Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

I am getting this:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 10:13 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

Possibly you're missing the plugins from the Plugin Portal?
Can you do this:
1. Click "Available Plugins" in the Plugin Manager (right now, you're showing "Settings", can you now, instead of that, show "Available Plugins"?)
2. Click on the "Name" column, so that the available plugins are alphabetically sorted.
When I do that, I get the attached result. Can you show what your result of doing the above is?
GjOn 14-3-2017 17:28, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Here it is.<Mail Attachment.png>
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 12:47 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Go to the Settings tab in the Plugin Manager.Which update centers are listed and selected there?Can you make a screenshot of that tab and send it here?GjOn 13-3-2017 23:36, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Nope,It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:Should be OK now. I've just checked and there 142 plugins for my distro.MartinOn 10.3.2017 01:54, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I just started new job and setting up my environment.I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with,I had a surprise waiting for me.Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins.I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal.I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance.Anyone can tell me what is going on?

<plugin-manager.png>

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_10.25.47_AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.09 KB
 Viewed:  267 Time(s)

Screen_Shot_2017-03-14_at_10.25.47_AM.png

Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

I have the same URL.My last update was March 9th, 2017 but I had weekly check interval.
I have reset it to daily and will see tomorrow what it will show.
I do not think that I have any proxy problems. How can I check to be sure?

Thanks.
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 10:32 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

Yup.
Clearly, you're missing the plugins from the Plugin Portal.
1. Go back to the "Settings" tab.
2. In the list of update centers, one is called "Plugin Portal".
3. What is the value for "Last Check"? For me, it is "Last Check: 3/14/17 12:30 PM".
4. What is the value for "URL"? For me, it is:
http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/8.2/catalog.xml.gz
5. Maybe there's a problem with your proxies? I.e., you're not accessing the Plugin Portal because you've set some proxy or you're behind some kind of firewall?
Gj On 14-3-2017 18:27, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I am getting this: <Mail Attachment.png>
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 10:13 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

Can you do this:
1. Click "Available Plugins" in the Plugin Manager (right now, you're showing "Settings", can you now, instead of that, show "Available Plugins"?)
2. Click on the "Name" column, so that the available plugins are alphabetically sorted.
When I do that, I get the attached result. Can you show what your result of doing the above is?
Gj On 14-3-2017 17:28, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Here it is. <Mail Attachment.png>
Quote:
Go to the Settings tab in the Plugin Manager. Which update centers are listed and selected there? Can you make a screenshot of that tab and send it here? Gj On 13-3-2017 23:36, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Nope, It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote: Should be OK now. I've just checked and there 142 plugins for my distro. Martin On 10.3.2017 01:54, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I just started new job and setting up my environment. I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with, I had a surprise waiting for me. Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins. I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal. I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance. Anyone can tell me what is going on?

<plugin-manager.png>

geertjan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

On 14-3-2017 18:43, Gary Greenberg wrote:

Quote:
I have the same URL.

What happens when you put that URL, i.e., http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/8.2/catalog.xml.gz in the browser?

Quote:
My last update was March 9th, 2017 but I had weekly check interval.

Why wait until tomorrow? You can set it to "Every Startup" (in the same way as you set it to "Every Day") and then restart.

Quote:
I do not think that I have any proxy problems. How can I check to be sure?

In the Settings tab, there is a button "Proxy Settings". What do you see when you click that button?

Gj

Quote:

Thanks.
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 10:32 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

Yup.
Clearly, you're missing the plugins from the Plugin Portal.
1. Go back to the "Settings" tab.
2. In the list of update centers, one is called "Plugin Portal".
3. What is the value for "Last Check"? For me, it is "Last Check: 3/14/17 12:30 PM".
4. What is the value for "URL"? For me, it is:
http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/8.2/catalog.xml.gz
5. Maybe there's a problem with your proxies? I.e., you're not accessing the Plugin Portal because you've set some proxy or you're behind some kind of firewall?
Gj On 14-3-2017 18:27, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I am getting this: <Mail Attachment.png>
Quote:

Can you do this:
Gj On 14-3-2017 17:28, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Here it is. <Mail Attachment.png>
Quote:
Go to the Settings tab in the Plugin Manager. Which update centers are listed and selected there? Can you make a screenshot of that tab and send it here? Gj On 13-3-2017 23:36, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
Nope, It is not OK for me. Still only 18 certified plugins.
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2017, at 12:53 AM, Martin Balin <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote: Should be OK now. I've just checked and there 142 plugins for my distro. Martin On 10.3.2017 01:54, Gary Greenberg wrote:
Quote:
I just started new job and setting up my environment. I did install Netbeans 8.2 on MacBook Pro I’ve got today but when I wanted to install plugins that I am usually work with, I had a surprise waiting for me. Instead of hundreds of plugins I used to see, there were only less then two dozen of certified plugins. I have all three update centers checked in my settings but nothing comes from say Plugin Portal. I can go to the plugin portal in the browser, but searching and manually downloading from there is more nuisance. Anyone can tell me what is going on?

<plugin-manager.png>

Gary Greenberg
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: What happened with plugin repositories Reply with quote

Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, at 10:49 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

What happens when you put that URL, i.e., http://plugins.netbeans.org/nbpluginportal/updates/8.2/catalog.xml.gz in the browser?I have catalog.xml file being downloaded.
Quote:
My last update was March 9th, 2017 but I had weekly check interval.
Why wait until tomorrow? You can set it to "Every Startup" (in the same way as you set it to "Every Day") and then restart.

Yes, I have restarted it and now I got 142 available plugins.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Best Regards,
Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: