NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for Visual Web JSF in NetBeans 6.8m2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregory widwidan
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Support for Visual Web JSF in NetBeans 6.8m2 Reply with quote

I have been using NetBeans 6.5.1 and decided to test NetBeans 6.8m2. Visual Web JSF and Project Dynamic Faces
are not available in the Update Center. I understand in NetBeans 6.7, Woodstock version 4.2 is still available.
Is woodstock no longer included in the update center for NB 68 M2. I went thru the Stable and Beta Update
Center but it is not available.

Visual Web JSF in NetBeans is still the best in its class, even in its version 4.2 form. There appears to be no
alternative that is close enough. I don't understand that other 3rd party plugins are supported in the Stable
Update Center while the homegrown woodstock is not. This feature is a big differentiator for NetBeans (vs. Eclipse
and others). Many of us have made good use of this tool can not really find comparable substitutes, The IceFaces Visual Web
though good in some ways, has many bugs that we go back to Visual Web JSF in NetBeans 6.5/7 to avoid hassle.

Will visual web jsf be in 'any' update center?
Victor M. Ramirez
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Support for Visual Web JSF in NetBeans 6.8m2 Reply with quote

Hey, that's true. I tried m1 and there it was, at the update center. But now that I read your post, I checked m2, and you're right. It's not there anymore. I hope it's just a temporary thing, and it will be back on the next releases, because even there's no more support for Woodstock, it's still the best (visual) JSF implementatio  I've found (and compatible with NB). I also noticed that Icefaces is gone too, so this is not a coincidence, right?
Victor M. Ramirez A.

NOTA CONFIDENCIAL:

La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial y sólo puede ser utilizada por la persona o la compañia a la cual está dirigido. Si usted no es el receptor autorizado, cualquier retención, difusión, distribución o copia de este mensaje es prohibida y sancionada por la ley. Si por error recibe este mensaje, favor devolver y borrar el mensaje recibido inmediatamente.

CONFIDENCIAL NOTE:

The information in this e-mail is intended to be confidential and only for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited and sanctioned by law. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please immediately send back and delete the received message.

2009/10/9 gregory widwidan <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])>
Quote:
I have been using NetBeans 6.5.1 and decided to test NetBeans 6.8m2. Visual Web JSF and Project Dynamic Faces
are not available in the Update Center. I understand in NetBeans 6.7, Woodstock version 4.2 is still available.
Is woodstock no longer included in the update center for NB 68 M2. I went thru the Stable and Beta Update
Center but it is not available.

Visual Web JSF in NetBeans is still the best in its class, even in its version 4.2 form. There appears to be no
alternative that is close enough. I don't understand that other 3rd party plugins are supported in the Stable
Update Center while the homegrown woodstock is not. This feature is a big differentiator for NetBeans (vs. Eclipse
and others). Many of us have made good use of this tool can not really find comparable substitutes, The IceFaces Visual Web
though good in some ways, has many bugs that we go back to Visual Web JSF in NetBeans 6.5/7 to avoid hassle.

Will visual web jsf be in 'any' update center?

Jokers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want it to come back vote here:
http://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=169820
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: