NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Registering GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSASKA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Registering GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am following NetBeans tutorials, as I need this for my job. Here is a two-part question:

1. How do I connect to sample database
2. How do I register GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8

Below is background information in sequential order:

1. Following tutorial http://www.netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/java-db.html

2. I am up to "Recreating Tables from a Different Database"

3. When connecting to SAMPLE database with username and password "app", I get error: "Unable to connect. Cannot establish a
connection to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample using org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (The connection was refused because
the database sample was not found.)"

4. Please note, tutorial says, "For the purposes of this tutorial, use the sample database that comes packaged with Java DB when you install the GlassFish application server with NetBeans IDE."

5. I have GlassFish v.3, and maybe the sample database is with a stable production of GlassFish, hence I downloaded GlassFish v2.1.1 from https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-final.html. I followed the download and install instructions.

6. Now, I would like to register GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8. Under the Services tab, I right-click "Servers" select "Add Server" and choose server "GlassFish v2.x" By default, it has choosen a server location, but I get the following error printed in red "! Server location must be on mapped drive".

Any help will be appreciated.

V/r,
RSA
mahendrakariya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

3. When connecting to SAMPLE database with username and password "app", I get error: "Unable to connect. Cannot establish a
connection to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample using org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver (The connection was refused because
the database sample was not found.)"

Seems the database SAMPLE does not exist.

It seems your primary objective is to learn how to recreate tables from different database. For your learning purposes, just create a new database, say XYZ, create tables, grab structure and do whatever is mentioned in the tutorial. There is no need to waste time for SAMPLE.
will84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't have the SAMPLE database installed and i need it for a college lab it there an easy way to intall the sample database? I'm using netbeans 6.7.1. that comes from the open esb website for glassfish.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
TD
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Registering GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8 Reply with quote

Try downloading the NB 6.9 package from the Netbeans site, complete with
glassfish installation.

You get the samples database included, together with sample applications.
Tony

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 04 October 2010 12:36
To: address-removed
Subject: [nbusers] Registering GlassFish v2.1.1 in NetBeans 6.8

I also don't have the SAMPLE database installed and i need it for a college
lab it there an easy way to intall the sample database? I'm using netbeans
6.7.1. that comes from the open esb website for glassfish.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: