NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sun java system application server could not start [SOLVED]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrea76

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciri wrote:
After 2 weeks of getting really frustrated I've finally found the problem! You are right fredpallesen it did start happening since the Vista update and it seems like all the other users that are having this problem were using Vista too.

It appears that Windows defender (although it's disabled here), tweaked my windows host file, hence localhost didn't resolve to something useful anymore. You can check this by manually starting glassfish and trying to resolve [localhost:port -> error] [127.0.0.1:port -> success].

To add to the confusion, some browsers react differently (eg Opera can load both URLs no matter what, IE/FF won't load "localhost", but will load "127.0.01"). It seems that NetBeans uses localhost instead of 127.0.0.1.

SOLUTION

Code:
edit c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

look for a line that says:

Code:
::1         localhost

Comment it and a second line:

Code:
#::1        localhost
127.0.0.1 localhost

THANKS Ciri thanks to your advice I managed to install NetBeans.
A claim is so important that should be included in the installation guide for NetBeans, regard.
The file can also be so in Vista with Firefox:
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1        localhost
conbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: The sun java system application server could not start [SOLVED] Reply with quote

ciri wrote:
Hey,

I hope someone here can help because I feel like I've tried everything and can't resolve my problem. Everything was working fine and then suddenly I was getting this error "The sun java system application server could not start" :

Any help would be appreciated!

Help me, I have the same problem, but I'm using Windows XP (not Vista) and NetBeans 6.5.
zhijun98

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: I think I found one of solutions, which may save your time Reply with quote

the main reason is, at least I believe, "time-out" issue!

thus, you may go to "services" window and expand the "server" node, click the "glass-fish 2.1" for "properties"

An then, in the "properties" window, you may double the "time-out" settings so that the NB has sufficient time to do its magic job.

I believe, before you try other solutions adviced above, try this first. if it does not work, try to make sure "localhost" works as well as "127.0.0.1" for Appache httpd server.

if it does not work yet, try to manually start "glass-fish" and don't forget delete "lock" file if it was there already.

if it does not work yet, send F-word to MS vista dev group and then restore your XP-professional or linux then. I never got this problem on my Fedora.

And, finallty, good luck!
zeldi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Same issue on WXP & NB6.7 Reply with quote

Tried to run application again in debug mode as did about 20 times already today I got the same error as previous posters.

Last lines of server log:
Quote:
WEB0712: Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 8181
WEB0712: Starting Sun-Java-System/Application-Server HTTP/1.1 on 4848
JAXRPCSERVLET14: JAX-RPC servlet initializing
SMGT0007: Self Management Rules service is enabled
Application server startup complete.

After a minute I got the error in the application log:
Quote:
The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
More information about the cause is in the Server log file.
Possible reasons include:
- IDE timeout: refresh the server node to see if it's running now.
- Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
- Incorrect server configuration (domain.xml to be corrected manually)
- Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
- Invalid installation location.

build-impl.xml
Quote:
<target if="netbeans.home" name="-run-deploy-nb">
<nbdeploy clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" debugmode="false" forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}"/>
</target>

Pinging localhost from cmd works OK, I can login to server via http://localhost:4848, nothing has been changed since the last debug. Does anyone have any additional ideas what can be done or should I post a bug report?

Thank you all.

I am using:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.7 (Build 200906241340)
Java: 1.6.0_14; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 14.0-b16
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1250; sl_SI (nb)
omoz4real

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Please I have tried all of the above but it dosent seem to work for me. How do u delete the lock file or where is it located please.

Thanks.
Blaken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a user-rights conflict either. I'm very sure that the application is not deployed either.

Regards

Blaken
Surendettement
jitesh_0149

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The sun java system application server could not start [SOLVED] Reply with quote

ciri wrote:
Hey,

I hope someone here can help because I feel like I've tried everything and can't resolve my problem. Everything was working fine and then suddenly I was getting this error "The sun java system application server could not start" :

Code:
.....\nbproject\build-impl.xml:212: Deployment error:
The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
More information about the cause is in the Server log file.
Possible reasons include:
 - IDE timeout: refresh the server node to see if it's running now.
 - Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
 - Incorrect server configuration (domain.xml to be corrected manually)
 - Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
 - Invalid installation location.
See the server log for details.

It refers to build.xml:

Code:
  <target if="netbeans.home" name="-run-deploy-nb">
        <nbdeploy clientModuleUri="${client.module.uri}" clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" debugmode="false" forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}"/>
    </target>

The problem is not that the application server can't start, but that NetBeans doesn't recognise it as being started. The server log tells me that the server has started and I can navigate to http://localhost:port without any errors.

So I checked the fail-conditions:

*IDE timeout - I refreshed the server node, still didn't recognise it as being started
    *Port conflicts - I tried changing the port, killing all processes that were using certain ports that could be in conflict (was always java ie glassfish though) and restarting NB, same error occured.
    *Incorrect server configuration - I didn't change the configuration manually, tried reinstalling glassfish, tried using a clean non-bundled glassfish, ...
    *Corrupt deployment - I tried removing all the files, getting the sources from my svn server, clean&build, nothing worked (although I know it does work for all the other people that are using the same source-files).
    *Invalid installation location - I tried installing NB & glassfish in directories without spaces etc (not sure if that's what this error is referring to though).

I'm using vista as an admin in NB so I don't think it's a user-rights conflict either. I'm very sure that the application is not deployed either (cfr screenshot). What puzzles me though is that this error happens to me even after reinstalling NB/Glassfish.

Note: I do get an error while trying to remove NetBeans (something about not being able to finalize the registry) but I tried manually removing all directories/registry values + I recently downloaded a clean NB 6.5.1 (instead of NB 6.5).

Note2: When I manually deploy the .ear file to the glassfish server, everything works fine. This is a very time-consuming approach though.

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote:
[Solution]
This may be occur because of the following reason that i faced, may this can help you to solve your problem:

1. Port of your glassfish server conflict with another application port so check the application on that port by writing url in browsers like
http:\\localhost:port\
if another application program is displayed than one can change the port of that application or can change the port of glassfish server in domain.xml manually which is default as 8080 or 8081(Depend upon the availability of ports) .
Also one can use netstat to find applications on different port

2. If the lock file is created in following Sun directory's path
C:\Sun\AppServer\domains\domain1\imq\instances\imqbroker\
so delete that lock file from there.

I hope this helps u... Best Of Luck javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
polman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Problems deploying an enterprise application Reply with quote

Hi

I have a problem with my enterprise application because when I deploy it appears a message:

Initial deploying EAppAcademico to C:\Users\Administrador\Documents\proyecto\EAppAcademico\dist\gfdeploy\EAppAcademico
Completed initial distribution of EAppAcademico
Initializing...
deploy?path=C:\Users\Administrador\Documents\proyecto\EAppAcademico\dist\gfdeploy\EAppAcademico&name=EAppAcademico&force=true failed on GlassFish v3 Domain
C:\Users\Administrador\Documents\proyecto\EAppAcademico\nbproject\build-impl.xml:268: The module has not been deployed.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 19 seconds)

And it points to build-impl.xml file at this line:
<nbdeploy clientModuleUri="${client.module.uri}" clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" debugmode="false" forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}"/>

I was working normaly, I made some changes and then this problem began.

I don't know what to do, I am going crazy because this is my thesis project, so please if someone can help me I''ll be very grateful.

My enterprise application also has a ebj module and a web application

Please help me

Sad Sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: