NetBeans Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  

JavaFx Composer not showing design

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: JavaFx Composer not showing design Reply with quote

I am using NetBeans 6.8 with JavaFx Composer.
I started a new JavaFx project in my office and I was using Composer, designed states, animations and every went just fine.
Then I brought my project home, tried to open it, and all I could see was "Loading Design File" for several seconds and then working area of design window got blank. No additional settings for security and something like that.

Now I found another case, when I started new project at home, and again the same problem, now without transfering to another computer.

There are no design states, no design for the scene, as you can see in attached image.

Please help!!



NetBeansComposer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.96 KB
 Viewed:  8181 Time(s)

NetBeansComposer.png


Back to top
Lukas Hasik
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: JavaFx Composer not showing design Reply with quote

Hi,
what is your configuration (Help > About) ? Are there any exceptions in
log (View > IDE log)?

Could you try to restart IDE? Maybe it will help.
If not then try to run the IDE with fresh userdir -
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqAlternateUserdir ?

hth
Lukas.

v.petrovic.rs wrote:
Quote:
I am using NetBeans 6.8 with JavaFx Composer.
I started a new JavaFx project in my office and I was using Composer, designed states, animations and every went just fine.
Then I brought my project home, tried to open it, and all I could see was "Loading Design File" for several seconds and then working area of design window got blank. No additional settings for security and something like that.

Now I found another case, when I started new project at home, and again the same problem, now without transfering to another computer.

There are no design states, no design for the scene, as you can see in attached image.

Please help!!




Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/netbeanscomposer_177.png

Back to top
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that there was NullPointerException while trying to display composer's design. Here is the message:

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.assignDesignContext(DesignTopComponent.java:99)
   at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.access$100(DesignTopComponent.java:33)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent$2.run(DesignTopComponent.java:91)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
   at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:125)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)


It seems like IDE's bug or something, don't you think? I think that there is nothing to do with my projects, since i have tried to work with several different projects, just using designer to create some simple functionality.

I also reinstalled NetBeans, updated it...

This is my configuration:
Code:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_16; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 14.2-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1251; sr_CS (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\vpetrovic\.netbeans\6.8


And in the IDE log there is a exception message I posted above.
Back to top
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After clean install and fresh uder settings, still the same problem.
I noticed that there was another exception before the one I posted earlier
It is:
Code:
org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.kernel.Debug$DebugException: ERROR: | You cannot call the method from AutoUpdateView annotated method
Back to top
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that my design was the reason for this behaviour.
I deleted two hboxes from my design and composer started showing.
But I still think that it was not my fault, I was just doing layout with vboxes and hboxes, using multiple states with caution.
Back to top
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is still there!!
Whenever I re-open the project, that problem appears...
Back to top
Lukas Hasik
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: JavaFx Composer not showing design Reply with quote

That's definitely a bug. Don't you have the "old" design that was
causing the exception. If you could share it with me (privately - both
.fx and .fxc files) it would help to fix the bug.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to workaround it
Lukas.

v.petrovic.rs wrote:
Quote:
I just noticed that there was NullPointerException while trying to display composer's design. Here is the message:


Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.assignDesignContext(DesignTopComponent.java:99)
at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.access$100(DesignTopComponent.java:33)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent$2.run(DesignTopComponent.java:91)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:125)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)



It seems like IDE's bug or something, don't you think? I think that there is nothing to do with my projects, since i have tried to work with several different projects, just using designer to create some simple functionality.

I also reinstalled NetBeans, updated it...

This is my configuration:

Code:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_16; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 14.2-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1251; sr_CS (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\vpetrovic\.netbeans\6.8



And in the IDE log there is a exception message I posted above.




Back to top
David Kaspar
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: JavaFx Composer not showing design Reply with quote

Hi,

The "NullPointerException" that you have experienced is cause by
disabled/not-install javafx.composer.design module which should not
regularly happen since this module and the model that throws the
exception are in the same Kit so they should be installed together.

Please, could you check if there is the following file in your home
directory?
.netbeans/6.8/modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-composer-design.jar

Also could you send us (privately) the following lines from your home
directory?
.netbeans/6.8/config/Modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-composer-design.xml
.netbeans/6.8/config/Modules/org-netbeans-modules-javafx-composer-io.xml
.netbeans/6.8/var/log/messages.log

Note that there is a new messages.log file create each run of the NB
IDE. Please, start the IDE and try to open the broken design file, close
the NB IDE and then take the message.log file.

Related to the other issues that you have written in the previous
emails, could you send us (privately) the .fx/.fxc files of your
unmodified broken design i.e. the one that cannot be opened on you WinXP
machine?

Thanks,
David



On 03/08/2010 11:57 AM, v.petrovic.rs wrote:
Quote:
I just noticed that there was NullPointerException while trying to display composer's design. Here is the message:


Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.assignDesignContext(DesignTopComponent.java:99)
at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent.access$100(DesignTopComponent.java:33)
[catch] at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.io.view.DesignTopComponent$2.run(DesignTopComponent.java:91)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:125)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)



It seems like IDE's bug or something, don't you think? I think that there is nothing to do with my projects, since i have tried to work with several different projects, just using designer to create some simple functionality.

I also reinstalled NetBeans, updated it...

This is my configuration:

Code:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_16; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 14.2-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1251; sr_CS (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\vpetrovic\.netbeans\6.8



And in the IDE log there is a exception message I posted above.




Back to top
v.petrovic.rs



Joined: 07 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, David!
OK, please tell me how to send you all that, i cannot see if there is any link for sending messages.
Lukas, is it OK first to see if the problem is resolved that way, if not, I can send you my project, it's not a problem.
Back to top
David Kaspar
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: JavaFx Composer not showing design Reply with quote

Hi Vladimir,

I have investigated the files you have sent me and:

The "blank-document" issue is caused by an issue in JavaFX Composer plugin.

If you set any value to a "Text Fill" property of any Label component,
then first you will start seeing the IllegalStateException in the
console. If you save and close such a design, then you will NOT be able
to reopen it anymore.

This issue has been recognized a few days after the release of Preview 2
and is fixed in the current development-builds which are not
publicly-available yet.

Until then, you may workaround the issue by:
1) Open your Main.fxc file in an external file editor.
2) Find all lines that starts like this:
<Reference name="textFill"
3) Delete all these lines and save the file.
4) Now you should be able to open the design file in NB IDE again.
5) Do NOT set any "Text Fill" property on any Label component using a
specific value.
6) Instead open the property editor for the property. In dialog, check
"Use Text Fill resolved from field:" radio-button and enter your color
into the text-field below. The color must be entered as a custom-code
e.g. javafx.scene.paint.Color.BLACK
7) This way the "Text Fill" color will NOT be visualized in the design
view and you will be able to open your design.

If you want to, I can send you the fixed design privately to your email.

Sorry for the bug and thank you for finding it,
David


On 03/10/2010 10:51 AM, v.petrovic.rs wrote:
Quote:
Hi, David!
OK, please tell me how to send you all that, i cannot see if there is any link for sending messages.
Lukas, is it OK first to see if the problem is resolved that way, if not, I can send you my project, it's not a problem.




Back to top
zanko



Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the same problem : after doing some changes to my JavaFx design, it won't show in JavaFx composer again.

However, removing the only line that starts by <Reference name="textFill" in my .fxc didn't resolved the problem.

My messages.log contains exceptions similar to this one :
Code:

Caused: org.netbeans.modules.javafx.composer.kernel.Debug$DebugException


I've attached it, along with my .fx and .fxc files (with .txt extension to make the forum happy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



SelectorClientUI.fxc.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SelectorClientUI.fxc.txt
 Filesize:  63.81 KB
 Downloaded:  200 Time(s)


SelectorClientUI.fx.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SelectorClientUI.fx.txt
 Filesize:  126.41 KB
 Downloaded:  298 Time(s)


messages.log.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  messages.log.txt
 Filesize:  57.96 KB
 Downloaded:  574 Time(s)

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo