NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Symbolic links, "Package folder already used in project," and "Ignoring root with no ClassPath:"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agallardo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Symbolic links, "Package folder already used in project," and "Ignoring root with no ClassPath:" Reply with quote

Just as a reminder to myself, and with the hope it can help others...

I have experienced weird project parsing behaviour. After investigating, I could find in the NetBeans' log the meaningful warning:
Code:
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.java.source.indexing.JavaIndex]: Ignoring root with no ClassPath: (relevant path)

referring to the source root I was interested in.

Trying to recreate the project in different NetBeans versions (6.7.1, 6.8, 6.9, 6.9.1) it displayed inconsistently the error dialog
Code:
Package folder already used in project

when trying to add some source roots.

The cause:

The project I created and its sources were stored in a directory named with a symbolic link. It seems that NetBeans resolves symbolic links to physical locations, and it ended sometimes with a duplicate entry in Files view of the project in Projects view (under Files view the project entry had the same name but different paths).

The solution:

1. I moved the whole project into a physical directory
2. I have deleted the user's .netbeans/6.9/var
3. I have restarted NetBeans

Now it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: