NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: root method problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomas Hurka
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: root method problem Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

On 14 Jan 2011, at 00:06, DiCiaccio, Ray - 0442 - MITLL wrote:
Quote:

I'm using the latest version of NetBeans and the profiler to profile my web app running in JBoss 5.1.
It works very well on the whole, but when I try to use the root method approach it doesn't do what it should -- this could be my misunderstanding of the root methods. I set a root method and requested the profiler to instrument all classes so I could get as full a picture as possible of what's going on in this method. However, when the app server starts up I see that the profiler is instrumenting tens of thousands of methods before the root method is ever hit. Eventually it hits the 64k limit before I even get to my root method. What's going wrong?
I don't know, but it looks like there are other root-methods set, when you do the profiling. Can you tell me how did you set your root method? Did you you set some other profiling settings?

Quote:
I was under the impression that the only methods that would be instrumented are those that are called "under" the root method I defined.
That is the right impression.

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka <mailto:address-removed>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org
VisualVM http://visualvm.dev.java.net
Software Developer
Oracle, Praha Czech Republic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: