NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
consultvaibhav

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list Reply with quote

I am bit new to netbeans and have been switching back and forth between eclipse and netbeans as I often find certain things easier in the other IDE.

I deleted some projects (including all source) through eclipse. Now netbeans thinks they somehow still exist, and I keep getting warning messages in my log files saying following:

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.OpenProjectList]: Project dir with file:/Users/zzz/Documents/dev/project1/ not found!

Is there any way to get rid of these messages.. or netbeans will forever keep giving me these warnings?
Franz
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list Reply with quote

consultvaibhav schrieb:
Quote:
I deleted some projects (including all source) through eclipse. Now netbeans thinks they somehow still exist, and I keep getting warning messages in my log files saying following:

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.OpenProjectList]: Project dir with file:/Users/zzz/Documents/dev/project1/ not found!

Is there any way to get rid of these messages.. or netbeans will forever keep giving me these warnings?

Can you rightclick the project and choose close or delete?

Regards
franz
Peter B. West
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list Reply with quote

It may be to do with your cache. On linux, ~/.netbeans/6.7/var/cache.
Try deleting the cache directory when NB is shut down. Active projects
will have to be re-scanned when you open them in NB.

Peter

On 11/08/2009, at 3:55 AM, Franz wrote:

Quote:
consultvaibhav schrieb:
Quote:
I deleted some projects (including all source) through eclipse. Now
netbeans thinks they somehow still exist, and I keep getting
warning messages in my log files saying following:

WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.OpenProjectList]: Project
dir with file:/Users/zzz/Documents/dev/project1/ not found!

Is there any way to get rid of these messages.. or netbeans will
forever keep giving me these warnings?

Can you rightclick the project and choose close or delete?

Regards
franz
consultvaibhav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't delete the project from netbeans as the project list updates itself within a fraction of second and the deleted project is no longer shown.

Tried deleting cache folder based on your suggestion but netbeans still complaints about missing project folders.
Franz
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list Reply with quote

consultvaibhav schrieb:
Quote:
I can't delete the project from netbeans as the project list updates itself within a fraction of second and the deleted project is no longer shown.

Tried deleting cache folder based on your suggestion but netbeans still complaints about missing project folders.

can you create the folder(s) of the project - or just recreate a project
with the same base directory? (just to delte it afterwards)

regards
Franz
CHaoSlayeR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How to get rid of deleted projects from netbeans project list Reply with quote

Franz wrote:
consultvaibhav schrieb:
can you create the folder(s) of the project - or just recreate a project
with the same base directory? (just to delte it afterwards)

regards
Franz

Should that be a "solution"??? I'm a netbeans user for nearly 6 years now and I won't switch the IDE but the missing ability to control or manage netbeans' cache is now ditching on me from time to time since version 6.0.

It gets REALLY annoying. The file/directory structure inside .netbeans/{VERSION}/ is just so cruel that I don't want to fiddle with that because you just can't guess what the files are for. In addition only netbeans itself has full knowledge about its cache system and so it REALLY SHOULD bring some options to manually delete or clean up the cache and/or single projects.

Dropping some files may be a "workaround" but not a "solution". Is there a bug already for this problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: