NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is still possibile use NetBeans for rails develop?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korsmakolnikov

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Is still possibile use NetBeans for rails develop? Reply with quote

I'm using NetBeans since 7.0 version for general Java development. Recently I'm developing a vaadin system and I would continue to use NetBeans.

Few days ago I've picked up a new project in ruby on rails. I'm new to rails but it seems very easy and clean to learn. So I start from shell, made a project, and… then I've try NetBeans plugin for Ruby on rails on NetBeans 8.
It was not so intuitive the installation but I think I've made it well. But project doesn't start (webserver won't start from NetBeans logging this: /usr/bin/ruby: No such file or directory -- script/rails (LoadError), but perfectly work from command line invoking "rails server"). Debugger doesn't work either. NetBeans states that fast debugger is needed but the installation fails (same statement of server fail).
This happens with both my environment and built-in jruby.
Also, gem manager doesn't work form my environment, "Gems fetching failed … output of the gem tool: no Ruby script found in input (LoadError)".

So by now I could use NetBeans just like a file editor. Someone here could help me?
AngelaB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also looking for the answer to this question.
Please do help us Sad
Wickken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: News of this content is subject to the most. Reply with quote

For a private company to work with and listen to music at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: