NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JavaFX 1.3 + Ubuntu 10.04 + JDK 1.6_20 + Netbeans 6.9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edu_neri

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: JavaFX 1.3 + Ubuntu 10.04 + JDK 1.6_20 + Netbeans 6.9 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Im having a hard time here trying to get JavaFX 1.3 Ubuntu 10.04 JDK 1.6_20 + Netbeans 6.9 to work together.

First I installed Ubuntu 10.04 then I downloaded the JDK and installed it on my /opt, after I've downloaded the JavaFX 1.3 and installed it also on /opt, finally I installed netbeans

on my .bashrc I added
Code:

JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_20
JAVA_BIN=$JAVA_HOME/bin
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_BIN:/opt/javafx-sdk1.3/bin/
export JAVA_HOME
export JAVA_BIN
export PATH

Made a symbolic link to my /usr/bin of javafx javafxc and javafxpackager

My problem is, when I create a netbeans' javafx project, its complain it cant find java command, because JAVA_HOME is not set

BUT If i create a JAVA app using netbeans it compiles and run without complain about java (Example, System.out.println("Hello World")Wink

some commands I used on ubuntu's console
Code:
$echo $JAVA_HOME
/opt/jdk1.6.0_20

Code:
$java -version
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode)

Code:

$javafx -version
javafx 1.3.0_b412

and using console i can compile a simple fx programan and run
Code:
$javafxc Test.fx
$javafx Test
It works

how can I solve that?

here some extra info about the files I used
jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin
installion was
Code:
cp jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin /opt
chmod a+x jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin
sudo ./jdk-6u20-linux-x64.bin

javafx_sdk-1_3-linux-i586.sh
same as jdk

netbeans-6.9beta-ml-linux.sh or netbeans-6_9-beta-javafx-1_3-linux (I've downloaded both and tryed both)
same as jdk
edu_neri

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding more info to this post:

- My Java Enviroment its ok, it recognizes both JDK and JFX SDK, the second one, from what i noticed, is pointing to SDK inside netbeans. Even thou I've added another the SDK from /opt and tryed to run with both SDKs, but no success
Lukas Hasik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: JavaFX 1.3 + Ubuntu 10.04 + JDK 1.6_20 + Netbeans 6.9 Reply with quote

NB6.9 bundles JavaFX SDK that should use the default Java SDK of your
operating system. NB doesn't bundle Java SDK at all.

Could you be more specific where is the problem? Or what doesn't work?
I'm confused by mixing NB and OS settings together.

thx
Lukas.

edu_neri wrote:
Quote:
Just adding more info to this post:

- My Java Enviroment its ok, it recognizes both JDK and JFX SDK, the second one, from what i noticed, is pointing to SDK inside netbeans. Even thou I've added another the SDK from /opt and tryed to run with both SDKs, but no success

edu_neri

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, to help me to make me more clear, I'll put some images

1st - My problem - trying to run a FX program. The error: Java command not found, JAVA_HOME not set

2nd - now checking my JAVA_HOME on terminal

3rd - Checking if Netbeans complains about the Java command in a strandard java program (hello world)

4th - Checking my java palaform on netbeans
FX

JAVA

and it complains about nothing

-----
Now trying to run the fx program compiling it on console

-----
now, What I tryed to proof with this, is my FX is ok, my java is ok, but my NB is somehow troubling with FX
digiPixel

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that you are using a 64 bit JDK. Have you tried using a 32 bit JDK instead of a 64 bit one? Currently JavaFX does not support the use of a 64 bit JDK.

One thing a can confirm for you is that running a JavaFX project (using JavaFX 1.3) in NB works under Ubuntu 10.04, when a 32 bit JDK is used.
BM
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: JavaFX 1.3 + Ubuntu 10.04 + JDK 1.6_20 + Netbeans 6.9 Reply with quote

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM, edu_neri <address-removed> wrote:
Quote:
Hi, to help me to make me more clear, I'll put some images

Ubuntu?
If software is not in packages, then it does not exists for you.

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.
edu_neri

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digiPixel wrote:
I have noticed that you are using a 64 bit JDK. Have you tried using a 32 bit JDK instead of a 64 bit one? Currently JavaFX does not support the use of a 64 bit JDK.

One thing a can confirm for you is that running a JavaFX project (using JavaFX 1.3) in NB works under Ubuntu 10.04, when a 32 bit JDK is used.

Hi Digi,

Sorry taking this long to anwser you, I kinda had lost faith in solving this issue.

I'll try to use JDK 32 bit this weekend, when I get a little more free time, after ill post here the result

----
BM

Why would you say that? Im using google chrome yet it not available on packages, I installed using deb.

Everything runs fine on my pc, I can access applets from my pc, and everything on java runs fine. Althought I had to figure out how to enable java plugin on my browsers, since I hand't use the package of java.
edu_neri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

Guys I'm bumping this topic to tell that I've solved the problem today.

For some reason when using JAVA_FX, when netbeans try to compile/run a FX app it looks for java at /bin direcotry, and doesn't matter if java/bin is on $PATH or not.

so to solve this, I just created a symbolic link on /bin.

Hope this helps some1 else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: