NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to determine if a project is checked out from a branch or tag?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjremijan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: How to determine if a project is checked out from a branch or tag? Reply with quote

In the eclipse package explorer the scm source is nicely displayed as part of the project name in the package explorer tree. In eclipse this makes it easy to see if the project was checked out from either a branch or tag. In eclipse I can also right click on a project to look at its properties to determine the same thing.

How do find the same thing in Netbeans? I luckily remembered I had checked out a project from a tag and remembered to switch it back. But I went looking to find what tag I checked out but couldn't find that information. There has got to be a way for Netbeans to let me know a project was checked from a branch or tag.
Javier.Ortiz
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: How to determine if a project is checked out from a branch or tag? Reply with quote

The example was with CVS, but each Versioning system has a property that does the same thing.

Javier A. Ortiz Bultr
Ondrej Vrabec
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: How to determine if a project is checked out from a branch or tag? Reply with quote

At first ensure that View -> Show Versioning Labels is enabled.
In case you use Subversion and your repo has a recommended structure:
/trunk, /branches, /tags, you should see a tag/branch name automatically
on every file/folder in NetBeans views.

On 06/20/2011 03:47 PM, mjremijan wrote:
Quote:
In the eclipse package explorer the scm source is nicely displayed as part of the project name in the package explorer tree. In eclipse this makes it easy to see if the project was checked out from either a branch or tag. In eclipse I can also right click on a project to look at its properties to determine the same thing.

How do find the same thing in Netbeans? I luckily remembered I had checked out a project from a tag and remembered to switch it back. But I went looking to find what tag I checked out but couldn't find that information. There has got to be a way for Netbeans to let me know a project was checked from a branch or tag.

mjremijan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How to determine if a project is checked out from a branch or tag? Reply with quote

I'm running NetBeans IDE 7.0 (Build 201104080000) and clicking on View -> Show Versioning Labels does nothing!

Ondrej Vrabec wrote:
At first ensure that View -> Show Versioning Labels is enabled.
In case you use Subversion and your repo has a recommended structure:
/trunk, /branches, /tags, you should see a tag/branch name automatically
on every file/folder in NetBeans views.

On 06/20/2011 03:47 PM, mjremijan wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: