NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retrieve Data From Database

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alicealicia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Retrieve Data From Database Reply with quote

I am developing a mobile application in Java Me (MIDP) using the java programming language. I want to retrieve the data from the database at the server. Can anybody help me on this.

I want the user to type in the username to send to the server, and I have done this. Now, I want the server to get the user's input, and then search at the database, and if found, then send the information back to the client mobile phone.

Can anyone help me on this. I really need your help. I am stack and can't find any solution on the Internet. Your help will be appreciated.

Please let me know how to connect to the database, and then query out from the table at the database. Just give me a brief guideline.

I also got problem to import the java.sql.*. Can anybody tell me what is the problem. Does it mean that I need to download something or what. Please advice on this. When I compile the file, it said package java.sql does not exist.

For the admin or those who know, please provide some sample code or example on how to retrieve data from the database. The database can be Microsoft Access or MySQL.

Please do help me on this.
shche123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimpleMobileApp.java is available in the %YOUR_APPS%\JavaDB\demo\programs\simplemobile of a JavaDB installation. There is also a readme.html in that directory as well.

Unfortunately it is for CDC and not for CLDC. However, somehow you might be able to make it work...

Let me know if you succeed Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java ME Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: