NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how-to: jQuery and Netbeans 6.7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NetBeans Forums -> Ajax Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrTebi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: how-to: jQuery and Netbeans 6.7 Reply with quote

I noticed a few people being confused why the Javascript libraries section in the project properties disappeared.

As far as I understand, in Netbeans 6.7 any Javascript file within your project is parsed, and when editing Javascript, it should give you code completion for all the Javascript files in your project.
This means that technically all you have to do is have the file "jquery.js" (or whatever your library is called) within your project directory.

The tricky part however is, that this doesn't work well with compressed or minified scripts. Further, you may get code completion but no meaningful documentation popup. To overcome this issue, the best thing to do is to download the latest jQuery source code with "Visual Studio Autocomplete Documentation." Netbeans appears to parse the Visual Studio comments nicely into the document popup, which then becomes really useful again.

The latest (of today) Visual Studio documented jQuery file can be downloaded here:
http://code.google.com/p/jqueryjs/downloads/detail?name=jquery-1.3.2-vsdoc2.js

I keep this copy as a separate copy to the minified version in my "js" directory, my scripts use the minified version, Netbeans can get all the documentation from the VS documented file.

In your scripts make sure to link to the minified files, as the documented file is of course a lot bigger than the minified one.

Hope that helps all jQuery fans Smile

DrTebi
bradvido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

Cheers! I've been trying to figure this out for a long time...
Now just have to wait until jquery 1.4.1 visual studio docs are available!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NetBeans Forums -> Ajax Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: