NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting of Tomcat failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madafak14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Starting of Tomcat failed Reply with quote

Hello!

I've just recently installed Netbeans 6.7.1 and Tomcat 6.0.18. When I create new Java Web Project, I have some serous problems with running the Hello World .jsp page. I keep getting the:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ivan Lelas\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Proba\nbproject\build-impl.xml:563: Deployment error:
Starting of Tomcat failed.
See the server log for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 minutes 4 seconds)

And after that when I try to run it I get the following message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ivan Lelas\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Proba\nbproject\build-impl.xml:563: Deployment error:
Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in use.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 6 seconds)

Where did I go wrong and please can somebody help me because I REALLY need to start writing my thesis Smile

Thanks!
Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Starting of Tomcat failed Reply with quote

To better help you, it would be useful to provide the server logs as well. thanks.

To: address-removed
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:09:38 AM
Subject: [nbj2ee] Starting of Tomcat failed

Hello!

I've just recently installed Netbeans 6.7.1 and Tomcat 6.0.18. When I create new Java Web Project, I have some serous problems with running the Hello World .jsp page. I keep getting the:

Starting of Tomcat failed.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 minutes 4 seconds)

And after that when I try to run it I get the following message:

Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in use.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 6 seconds)

Where did I go wrong and please can somebody help me because I REALLY need to start writing my thesis Smile

Thanks!
madafak14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to make it work. Thanks anyway Smile
adikkto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madafak14 wrote:

Hey madafak14 (or anyone). Can you tell me how you managed to solve this issue?? i still have the same problem and i dont know how to fix it.
Thanks in advance.
nicephotog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it amounts to switching off glassfish server in the NB left panel.

Or turning off an independent 8080 or 8084 server.

or installing Tomcat with the NB bundle.
Steve289

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in use." means port 8080 is already being used. For example, this can happen if you started Tomcat then you try to run it again.
Kannan Ehambaram
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Starting of Tomcat failed Reply with quote

Hai,

Check whether the port 8080 is used by any other process like windows pws server.
using the windows command..netstat -ao or equivalent unix command and then stop that process. Using windows command net stop <processname> or equivalent unix command.
and then start ur tomcat.. then it will work.

Regards,
Kannan.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Steve289 <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
"Starting of Tomcat failed, the server port 8080 is already in use." means port 8080 is already being used.
SSCBrian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madafak14 wrote:

Yes, please tell us how you fixed it... I have the same problem and haven't been able to get it fixed. Mine mysteriously failed overnight. Was working fine when I left at the end of the day, came in the next day and *poof*, broken.

Running my project results in the "Starting of Tomcat failed" error and my browser doesn't popup. This message is not in fact totally true, as if I browse to 127.0.0.1:8080, Tomcat IS running, just Netbeans doesn't know about it. Obviously, trying to run a second time from Netbeans fails with the 8080 in use message. At that point I end up rebooting because I can't find Tomcat in the process list to kill it, yet it's obviously still running.

Noticed that my JAVA_HOME wasn't set (but probably never was). Setting it made no difference.
halkhata987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the windows command..netstat -ao or equivalent unix command and then stop that process. Using windows command net stop <processname> or equivalent unix command.

Edinburgh Accommodation
NBA and NCAA Picks
SSCBrian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halkhata987 wrote:

Nope, Tomcat still doesn't work right.

Doesn't really matter anymore though. I moved the project over to Glassfish, and that works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: