NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attach Profiler to remote instance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adt1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Attach Profiler to remote instance Reply with quote

Hi,

I am attempting to use Netbeans Profiler to profile a app running in a Glassfish 9.1 JVM on a remote instance (not the default domain domain1, but a newly created instance where my application is deployed).

I completed the following steps:
1. Download the remote pack (for Solaris Sparc JDK 6)
2. Perform calibration
3. Added the profiler tag to the instance
4. Restarted the instance
5. Attached the profiler

The profiler picks up classes etc, but not my application or any of the classes. Also, as per the instructions provided in the wizard, the instance is supposed to start up. This does however not occur. From the administration console the status of the instance is still "stopped".

The output in the log after startup and connecting the profiler looks as follows:
Could not load Logmanager "com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager

Profiler Agent: Redefining 100 classes at idx 0, out of total 304
Profiler Agent: Redefining 100 classes at idx 100, out of total 304
Profiler Agent: Redefining 100 classes at idx 200, out of total 304
Profiler Agent: Redefining 4 classes at idx 300, out of total 304

Must I recompile and redeploy the application? We use Maven to build the ear file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Suganthi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

I am facing different issue when i am trying to connect to remote machine through the agent and for java j2ee application, first few reading getting for graph and in next few seconds it says "profiled application does not respond , do you want to stop profiling" and stops

Please help me to get out of this problem

Thanks
Suganthi Sad
Tomas Hurka
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Attach Profiler to remote instance Reply with quote

Hi Suganthi,

On 11 Mar 2011, at 12:48, Suganthi wrote:
Quote:

I am facing different issue when i am trying to connect to remote machine through the agent and for java j2ee application, first few reading getting for graph and in next few seconds it says "profiled application does not respond , do you want to stop profiling" and stops

Please help me to get out of this problem
Can you provide more information? Which NetBeans version are you using? What JDK are you using for you profiled application? Can you post the NetBeans messages.log file <http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqLogMessagesFile>?

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka <mailto:address-removed>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org
VisualVM http://visualvm.java.net
Software Developer
Oracle, Praha Czech Republic
markwright789

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The profiler picks up classes etc, simply not my application or any of the classes. Also, as per the instructions provided in the wizard, the example is supposed to start up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: