NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems configuring C/C++ tools (mingw) with Netbeans 6.7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Problems configuring C/C++ tools (mingw) with Netbeans 6.7 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to C++ development. I have fellowed all the steps in the "configuring netbeans with C/C++/Fortran" tutorial on the website.. using the "MinGW Compilers and Tools".. however.. it say

"Make command is missing.." when i try to compile.. so i decided to add the msys make tool in it.. i entered this "C:\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe" as make command url..

Now, i get this error..

Code:

/bin/make -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'
/bin/make  -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome_1.exe
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'
mkdir -p build/Debug/MinGW-Windows
make[2]: mkdir: Command not found
make[2]: *** [build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 702ms)

Somewhere in this build, it say "make[2]: mkdir: Command not found".. what i did wrong ? i fellowed all the steps in the guide.

Would love to get some help cause i don't wanna use some other IDE. I was already working with PHP scripts using NetBeans.

Note: i am using NetBEANS 6.7 with Windows 7 64bits

Thanks!
Valeriy Soldatov
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Problems configuring C/C++ tools (mingw) with Netbeans 6.7 Reply with quote

How to install mingw+msys is described in
http://www.netbeans.org/community/releases/67/cpp-setup-instructions.html#mingw
It is not clear from it, but C:\msys\1.0\bin path should be added into
PATH environment variable also in NetBeans 6.7
Valeriy Soldatov
Quote:
Hi,

ive fellowed all the steps in the configuring netbeans with C/C++/Fortran.. using the MinGW Compilers and Tools.. however.. it say

Make command is missing.. when i try to compile..

furthermore if i ever enter this "C:\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe" as make command..

i get this error..

Code:

/bin/make -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf

make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'

/bin/make -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome_1.exe

make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'

mkdir -p build/Debug/MinGW-Windows

make[2]: mkdir: Command not found

make[2]: *** [build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome.o] Error 127

make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'

make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1'

make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 702ms)

it look like also to say that Fortran compiler is missing.. but i don't need any fortran compiler!

Would love to get some help Sad i don't wanna use some other IDE. I was already working with PHP scripts using NetBeans so..

Thanks,

rushino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. well i figured out before ive read your reply lol but yeah i had to put the msys bin folder in the path... now it build but it doesnt run...

"i get a the path doesnt exist error.. run failed.."

Sad

but thanks through !
Valeriy Soldatov
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Problems configuring C/C++ tools (mingw) with Netbeans 6.7 Reply with quote

Can you launch executable file from Windows Explorer?
Quote:
Yeah.. well i figured out before ive read your reply lol but yeah i
had to put the msys bin folder in the path... now it build but it
doesnt run...

Andrew Krasny
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Problems configuring C/C++ tools (mingw) with Netbeans 6.7 Reply with quote

I think that one of the possible reason could be the path...
"/c/Users/Séb/Documents/NetBeansProjects/CppApplication_1/Welcome_1"

User name contains unicode chars...

rushino,
could you, please, try to create your project in some other place
(c:/prj/)? Will this work?

Thanks,
=Andrew

Valeriy Soldatov wrote:
Quote:
Can you launch executable file from Windows Explorer?
Quote:
Yeah.. well i figured out before ive read your reply lol but yeah i
had to put the msys bin folder in the path... now it build but it
doesnt run...

rushino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Got an update on the problem...

Ive been able to make it build (i had to put the msys bin directory in the PATH) ! but now ive got a new problem.. it doesn't run "in the IDE" !

Ive read the thread: http://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?t=17858 i have also Windows 7 64bits and it look like i have the same problems.

It build, it doesnt run but i can run it directly in windows explorer in the project dist folder... also i can run it when i use "debug" instead of "run" in the IDE.

If i ever use only the "run" button, it tell me in the console that the path to the file cannot be found.. fellowed by RUN FAILED

and to answer to your question... ive tried creating a new project in some other place such C:\Project\cpp\... and it still doesnt work so obviously its not an unicode problem.

Any ideas ? youve talked in the other thread.. about a native execution problem.. it may be the problem.. the IDE seem to point to some place that doesnt exist when he want to run the project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: