NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NB6.8 Shortcuts don't match Keymap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TradeHound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: NB6.8 Shortcuts don't match Keymap Reply with quote

I just upgraded NB 6.5 to 6.8. I went in to set my Keymap shortcuts but they appeared to already be set. But the shortcuts displayed on the menus aren't what is in my Keymap.

For example I have F7 for "Clean and Build Main Project" in the Keymap area but no shortcut shows on the Run menu. And I have F11 for "Step Into" in the Keymap area but in the Debug menu it shows Step Into F7.

Seems like the Keymap works (F7 actually does a Clean...Build), so I'm ok, it is just a little annoying.

Does anyone else notice this?
mikelevins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: NB6.8 Shortcuts don't match Keymap Reply with quote

[quote="TradeHound"]I just upgraded NB 6.5 to 6.8. I went in to set my Keymap shortcuts but they appeared to already be set. But the shortcuts displayed on the menus aren't what is in my Keymap.

For example I have F7 for "Clean and Build Main Project" in the Keymap area but no shortcut shows on the Run menu. And I have F11 for "Step Into" in the Keymap area but in the Debug menu it shows Step Into F7.

Seems like the Keymap works (F7 actually does a Clean...Build), so I'm ok, it is just a little annoying.

Does anyone else notice this?[/quote]

No. But I do notice that I can edit the shortcuts of the active profile with no apparent affect on the behavior of NetBeans. This is using NetBeans 6.8 on Mac OS X 10.6.2.
TradeHound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shortcuts in the Keymap actually work, but they don't display correctly in the Menu.
TradeHound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the keymap for NB 6.8 is a little unstable: Sometimes it uses its default shortcuts instead of what I have mapped.

For example: I have F7 for "Clean and Build Main Project" but on the menu it says F7 does a "Step Into". Sometimes when I press F7 (to do a build) it Steps Into.

Most of the time it works though, but this (6.8 ) is the first time I have noticed the keymap do this.

It seems like every time I upgrade NB, something breaks Sad
Well I still like NB Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: