NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make a jPanel component or a wizard appear at startup?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
julio514

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: How to make a jPanel component or a wizard appear at startup? Reply with quote

Okay, I searched on google and on these forums but with no success...
I developped a netbeans platform application and I am putting the final touch with a welcome wizard (or jPanel; it has not to be absolutely a wizard) that I want to be displayed every time the application start. Now I would like to know how to do to make this wizard be displayed when I start the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Ernie Rael
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: [platform-dev] Re: How to make a jPanel component or a wizard appear at startup? Reply with quote

On 1/5/2010 2:57 PM, julio514 wrote:
Quote:
I developped a netbeans platform application and I am putting the final touch with a welcome wizard (or jPanel; it has not to be absolutely a wizard) that I want to be displayed every time the application start. Now I would like to know how to do to make this wizard be displayed when I start the app.
Have you considered
http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-openide-windows/org/openide/windows/WindowManager.html#invokeWhenUIReady(java.lang.Runnable)
Geertjan Wielenga
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: [platform-dev] Re: How to make a jPanel component or a wizard appear at startup? Reply with quote

Ernie Rael wrote:
Quote:
On 1/5/2010 2:57 PM, julio514 wrote:
Quote:
I developped a netbeans platform application and I am putting the
final touch with a welcome wizard (or jPanel; it has not to be
absolutely a wizard) that I want to be displayed every time the
application start. Now I would like to know how to do to make this
wizard be displayed when I start the app.
Have you considered
http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-openide-windows/org/openide/windows/WindowManager.html#invokeWhenUIReady(java.lang.Runnable)

Or create a TopComponent that is undocked by default.

Gj
julio514

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: