NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test my J2ME application on my cell phone
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordpp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Test my J2ME application on my cell phone Reply with quote

I have been testing my java mobile application on NetBeans 6.7 with the package for Java ME and all those stuffs.

I really like the emulator, works great to test the general functions.

Yet, I want to test my application on my cell phone (Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot K790).

I have tried moving the jar files (inside the proyect folder / dist after the build) to a folder inside the cell phone. The only option I have is "install" but it sends me an error that it couldn't be installed?

What can I do?
Am I missing something?

I would really like to start using my J2ME application on my cell phone. After all, that's where I want to use it.

Do I need to create a special jar file to run it on my cell phone? If the answer is yes, how?

Do I need to use a special program on either my computer or my cell phone? If the answer is yes, where do I get them and how do I use them?

I hope someone can aid me with this. I search a lot through the web but most I find is about creating a jar file o testing using only the emulator.

WatchME.zip
 Description:
Here I attached the entire net beans project. Luckily it may help to check out what I am missing.

Download
 Filename:  WatchME.zip
 Filesize:  77.06 KB
 Downloaded:  2390 Time(s)

spark010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me a while to figure this out myself, because like you I thought I could just copy my app to a phone and that would be that.

Basically, the best (and only) way I found to test apps on a phone is to upload the myapp.jar & myapp.jad files to a website and then browse to the myapp.jar file from the phones Internet browser. The phone will then install the app and you can run it from there. Simple! As long as you have a web site to upload it to that is…

Hope this helps. Cool
lordpp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spark010 wrote:
Took me a while to figure this out myself, because like you I thought I could just copy my app to a phone and that would be that.

Basically, the best (and only) way I found to test apps on a phone is to upload the myapp.jar & myapp.jad files to a website and then browse to the myapp.jar file from the phones Internet browser. The phone will then install the app and you can run it from there. Simple! As long as you have a web site to upload it to that is…

Hope this helps. Cool

All right, so I basically need to:

-Upload my jar files to a web server
-Download the jar file from my cell phone and let it do the installation / running

I will try that once I get a place to upload it

And thank you very much for the reply Smile
SadZer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordpp, please let us know if the things said by spark010 really works. Actually, I have the same problem like yours if it is working. I would appreciate if which will really work before testing them on my phone. Business Process Automation

Last edited by SadZer on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
lordpp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadZer wrote:
Lordpp is the thing that spark010 works? Actually, I have the same problem like you if it is working. I can try this also for my sake.

I tried mailing the application to myself and a couple of friends. They eventually opened the jar files created by NetBeans and worked perfectly Smile

I tried on a Nokia n97, a brother and a friends had one so I used it to access the application. Mine doesn't have internet connection, at least not with out a plan. Since that Nokia can connect to wifi I checked my mail there, downloaded the jar files and worked well

But yeah, I got my applications working perfectly by accessing them by internet.
beverlyyan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've tried that before at my first app. I've mail it to my own email and try to browse through it on my cell phone and downloaded it. I't is quite working for my phone.SEO Services
MarkPermenter

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faced so many problems to download but after read your post i am collect some ideas. So, thanks for your informative post.
whome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the post, thanks and regards.
erik2055

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about your phone, but on my SE W910i, I just put the jar file in a directory (eg. Other), choose it from the phones' directory menu, it asks if I want to install it (which I want) , then "install" the jar, then the phone asks me if I wanna run it, I say yes and there it goes.
I can install it in "Games", and then it shows up in the game list (with icon and all) and I can choose it to run.

I certainly use no website to get the stuff on the phone, just the USB cable connection
rzn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys..
i need some help here to guide me.
im a beginner and trying to develope a sms application for my sony ericsson handphone. i would like to know what are the software or SDK i need to install along with the netbean? the sms application look exactly like the phone application that the hanphone have. any ideas? hope you guys can help me. im really appreciate that.. Embarassed Embarassed
Petr Suchomel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Test my J2ME application on my cell phone Reply with quote

With Sony Ericsson, you can have SDK which will allow you to run and
debug application on your phone, talking over bluetooth. You only need
to pair phone and computer and register SDK into NetBeans.
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wportal/devworld/search-downloads/docstools/1.706816/1.706818?cc=gb&lc=en
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/dw-87728-tutorialoddnetbeansr1a?cc=gb&lc=en
HTH,
--Petr

On 8/24/2010 6:05 PM, rzn wrote:
Quote:
hi guys..
i need some help here to guide me.
im a beginner and trying to develope a sms application for my sony ericsson handphone. i would like to know what are the software or SDK i need to install along with the netbean? the sms application look exactly like the phone application that the hanphone have. any ideas? hope you guys can help me. im really appreciate that.. [Embarassed] [Embarassed]

--
Petr Suchomel<address-removed>
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Phone +420 2 33009234 (x49234), Fax +420 2 33009311
rzn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Test my J2ME application on my cell phone Reply with quote

Petr Suchomel wrote:
With Sony Ericsson, you can have SDK which will allow you to run and
debug application on your phone, talking over bluetooth. You only need
to pair phone and computer and register SDK into NetBeans.
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wportal/devworld/search-downloads/docstools/1.706816/1.706818?cc=gb&lc=en
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wportal/devworld/downloads/download/dw-87728-tutorialoddnetbeansr1a?cc=gb&lc=en
HTH,
--Petr

thanks for the nice information. I'm currently follow the basic tutorial how to write "Hello World".
Do u have a tutorial how to create the simple sms application in sonyericsson?
I'm in the process of learning so need an example to follow while learning.
Hope you can help me this time also.
jessie31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...nice post...and you have resolved my problem, thank you!!!
classifieds |web advertising|tempurpedic mattress
mikecunzha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing this site make me realize that still many people who have concern to other people life. Im so happy to know this. Keep up the good work you guys. dual flush toilet
kblinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikecunzha wrote:
Knowing this site make me realize that still many people who have concern to other people life. Im so happy to know this. Keep up the good work you guys. Small Business Voip System ~ Small Business Voip System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java ME Users All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: