NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirMark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem. Reply with quote

Hi there

I've just installed NetBeans 6.8 fresh, onto a fresh install of OSX 10.6 on my Mac.

I generate a ROR project using the IDE defaults, with "Built-in JRuby 1.4.0" and the server as "GlassFish v3 Domain.

And "Rails appears to be installed" "Rails Version 2.3.5"

But when I press the big green go triangle "GlassFish v3 Domain" starts up and whirrs away until it serves up this message in the browser
"Something went wrong on the server.
Check the server log for details!

Powered by GlassFish v3"

And in its output pane it says,
"SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem. Please `gem install -v= rails`, update your RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version you do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest version installed.
SEVERE: exit"

But that Rails gem (version 2.3.5) is installed and current for JRuby 1.4.0 according to the Tools->Ruby Gems manager dialog. And if I delve into the NetBeans 6.8 package, I can see rails-2.3.5 sitting in "/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.8.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems"

In environment.rb I have left it as generated with
"RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.5' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION"
(It makes no different if I comment this out).

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to tell GlassFish or JRuby where the gems are some how? (I'm new to the Mac and NetBeans and Ruby for that matter, so not a configuration guru yet).

Thanks for your help.

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_15; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 14.1-b02-90
System: Mac OS X version 10.6 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (nb)
Userdir: /Users/[TheUserName]/.netbeans/6.8
Erno Mononen
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem. Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you check what JRuby platform the server is set to use in Tools |
Servers | GF v3 | JRuby? If it is something else than the Built-in
JRuby, please change it and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Erno

SirMark wrote:
Quote:
Hi there

I've just installed NetBeans 6.8 fresh, onto a fresh install of OSX 10.6 on my Mac.

I generate a ROR project using the IDE defaults, with "Built-in JRuby 1.4.0" and the server as "GlassFish v3 Domain.

And "Rails appears to be installed" "Rails Version 2.3.5"

But when I press the big green go triangle "GlassFish v3 Domain" starts up and whirrs away until it serves up this message in the browser
"Something went wrong on the server.
Check the server log for details!

Powered by GlassFish v3"

And in its output pane it says,
"SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem. Please `gem install -v= rails`, update your RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version you do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest version installed.
SEVERE: exit"

But that Rails gem (version 2.3.5) is installed and current for JRuby 1.4.0 according to the Tools->Ruby Gems manager dialog. And if I delve into the NetBeans 6.8 package, I can see rails-2.3.5 sitting in "/Applications/NetBeans/NetBeans 6.8.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/ruby2/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems"

In environment.rb I have left it as generated with
"RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.3.5' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION"
(It makes no different if I comment this out).

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to tell GlassFish or JRuby where the gems are some how? (I'm new to the Mac and NetBeans and Ruby for that matter, so not a configuration guru yet).

Thanks for your help.

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_15; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 14.1-b02-90
System: Mac OS X version 10.6 running on x86_64; MacRoman; en_US (nb)
Userdir: /Users/[TheUserName]/.netbeans/6.8

SirMark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the built in JRuby

Tools->Servers->GlassFish v3 Domain->JRuby
JRuby Platform = "Built-in JRuby 1.4.0"

I have gotten the mac native Ruby going and serving in NetBeans, once I ensured the mysql gem was rebuilt as 64 bit.

But I really would like to use JRuby.

Thanks for your reply Erno.
Mark
Erno Mononen
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: SEVERE: Missing the Rails gem. Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Sorry for a bit late reply. I dug into this a bit and was able to
reproduce the error, turns out that this is caused by an issue with
Rails and the latest rack version (1.1.0). Uninstalling 1.1.0 and using
1.0.1 instead fixed the problem for me.

HTH,
Erno

SirMark wrote:
Quote:
It is the built in JRuby

Tools->Servers->GlassFish v3 Domain->JRuby
JRuby Platform = "Built-in JRuby 1.4.0"

I have gotten the mac native Ruby going and serving in NetBeans, once I ensured the mysql gem was rebuilt as 64 bit.

But I really would like to use JRuby.

Thanks for your reply Erno.
Mark

pards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, downgrading rack worked for me, too.
Thompson2332

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!...
electric fences for animals
Kenjifujima

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have a good plan i think
gator12

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

The new update they have is awesome. I downloaded it about a week ago and couldn't be any more happy.
davidwarner321

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the manner that is actually help me manage my own money and I can save my money by doing that. I consume money but I ask somebody that take care that money for me. This is something that I do so that I don’t have to know bout that money. I do trust that person.
saraanderson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Flowers2world Reply with quote

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post.
florist malaysia
saraanderson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: saraanderson Reply with quote

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post.flowers online south africa
flower shop cambodia
sarahjames0420

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very informative article and I extremely grateful that you perform this piece of writing very simply, I mean to say that it's quite simple to read and understand! articles on disease | what is obesity
Timmy Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make your own all-purpose cleaner with ammonia to remove stubborn carpet stains. This homemade cleaning solution can effectively clean up chocolate, soft drinks, blood, urine, glue and a whole other bunch of stains that can contaminate your carpet.

daily chores
Timmy Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most landlords include a clause in the rental agreement that requires from the tenant to do end of tenancy cleaning before he/she has moved out, otherwise the landlord has the full right to refuse the return of the rent deposit.

removal company London
sarahjames0420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say you are very good in this subject, HD Wallpaper background
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: