NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JavaScript Debugger in 6.9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NetBeans Forums -> Ajax Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chupzzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: JavaScript Debugger in 6.9 Reply with quote

I can't find any debugging possibilities for JS in NetBeans 6.9.
What plugin I need to use for this?
jradxl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither can I....
Looking back it wasn't in RC2 either.
Perhaps we just have to wait on it being updated and released for 6.9.

rgds
John
schkovich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: JavaScript Debugger in 6.9 Reply with quote

Unfortunately JavaScript Debugger is not available on the Update Center for NetBeans 6.9. For more details what is planned and what is not please see the Update Center content plans.

John Jullion-Ceccarelli wrote:
Like most projects, we had to prioritize what the essential parts of the IDE are for our users and focus on those. A few years into having the JavaScript debugger in the IDE, we realized that most users were still using Firebug and were perfectly happy with that. So we decided to not try to replicate that functionality in the IDE.
Paul Rosen
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: JavaScript Debugger in 6.9 Reply with quote

I'm one of the people who use firebug, because I tried to use the JS
debugger in NetBeans and wasn't able to get it to work. I was looking
forward to trying again in the new version.

Oh, well. It would be really convenient for me if it worked.

But, it is true that I'd rather have the IDE more responsive to typing,
so if I could only choose one improvement, I'd ask for not locking up
for tens of seconds every minute.

On 7/8/10 5:45 AM, schkovich wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately JavaScript Debugger is not available on the Update Center for NetBeans 6.9. For more details what is planned and what is not please see the Update Center content plans (http://wiki.netbeans.org/NB69StableModulesUC).

Quote:
Like most projects, we had to prioritize what the essential parts of the IDE are for our users and focus on those. A few years into having the JavaScript debugger in the IDE, we realized that most users were still using Firebug and were perfectly happy with that. So we decided to not try to replicate that functionality in the IDE.
powerclam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: JavaScript Debugger in 6.9 Reply with quote

schkovich wrote:
Unfortunately JavaScript Debugger is not available on the Update Center for NetBeans 6.9. For more details what is planned and what is not please see the Update Center content plans.

This is a real shame.
I have just installed Netbeans 6.9.1 (PHP-subvariant) because of the XDebug integration.
Given what a major part of the modern web Javascript-programming has become, reading of the removal of the js debugger is quite disappointing.
Sure, I can (and do) use the Firebug addon, but was quite looking forward to Netbeans providing an _Integrated_ Development Environment.
Even a panel that "merely" reflected data/events between Firebug and the Netbeans IDE would be a big help in terms of workflow "unification".
reesd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unfortunate to hear, especially after spending an hour trying to follow the instructions for 6.7.

Hopefully you will at least follow the CrossFire work and look at integrating then?

PS, IntelliJ is doing a great job JS debugging, but I decided to look at NetBeans again to see if I could use it for Firefox Extensions (I haven't been able to figure out how to do that with IntelliJ).
schkovich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JavaScript debugger is available in the Netbeans 7.0 development builds.

However, I doubt that it will state like that.

Please note that I did not install nor tried plugin.

JavaScript-Plugin.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.99 KB
 Viewed:  17025 Time(s)

JavaScript-Plugin.png

reesd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="schkovich"]JavaScript debugger is available in the Netbeans 7.0 [url=http://bits.nbextras.org/dev/nightly/latest/]development builds[/url].

However, I doubt that it will state like that.

Please note that I did not install nor tried plugin.[/quote]

Thank you for the tip, can you give any thoughts on why you don't think it will stay that way? I noticed it was updated on 10/31, so I'm hoping someone is actually trying to keep it up to date? Or was that perhaps just some merge or other automated update?

Thanks again,
d
schkovich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread.

Perhaps someone from Oracle can provide more accurate information.
reesd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schkovich wrote:
See this thread.

Perhaps someone from Oracle can provide more accurate information.

Thanks again for your help, I will post over there to see if we can get any guidance..

d
madtom1999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: No I in IDE? Reply with quote

While Firebug is fantastic I'd love to have the javascript debugging etc integrated with th rest of the project. Even limited debugging capabilities when easily usable from the same point of control as everything else can be very valuable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NetBeans Forums -> Ajax Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: