NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raferkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

Hi guys
plz help me out, I've been googling this problem for two days and still don't have a clue

I installed XAMPP and netbeans 6.9 on windows 7, the problem is that when i try to run the CRUD tutorial (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html) i'm stuck in the step of connect to the mysql database.
The error message i got is like Unable to add connection, Access denied for phpuser@localhost

Any ideas?
allenskd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

Well, 

1) Usually the mysql user would be "root" not phpuser unless you added the user of course, did you?. I'm not really sure if XAMPP adds an specific user other than root (never used XAMPP to be honest)
2) Could also be that you forgot to enter the password
--
Best of luck!

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM, raferkong <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys
plz help me out, I've been googling this problem for two days and still don't have a clue

I installed XAMPP and netbeans 6.9 on windows 7, the problem is that when i try to run the CRUD tutorial (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html)     i'm stuck in the step of connect to the mysql database.
The error message i got is   like  Unable to add connection,  Access denied for phpuser@localhost

Any ideas?

raferkong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

Thx for ur reply man...but
Yes, I specifically added a new user called phpuser, and when i try to connect to mysql with root, i got a unknown database error...

allenskd wrote:
Well, 

1) Usually the mysql user would be "root" not phpuser unless you added the user of course, did you?. I'm not really sure if XAMPP adds an specific user other than root (never used XAMPP to be honest)
--
Best of luck!

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM, raferkong <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys

I installed XAMPP and netbeans 6.9 on windows 7, the problem is that when i try to run the CRUD tutorial (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html)     i'm stuck in the step of connect to the mysql database.
The error message i got is   like  Unable to add connection,  Access denied for phpuser@localhost

Any ideas?

Sad Sad
allenskd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

I read a bit of the tutorial and had no problems creating the database or connecting to it. 

Was XAMPP successful installing the mysql database? Is it running? 
1) If you are in windows XP, go to Run -> type in "cmd" and enter then write "net start mysql" inside the console and enter, it should try to start the server or output and error message
2) If in vista, press start-> in the search box type "cmd", wait for it to finish and click on the cmd.exe, and same thing

First add a connection, in a step it tells you to add the root@localhost connection, after that there will be an item should be named "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysql" or "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/", right-click that item and connect to it. Once you have connected, right-click it again and execute the first command which is to create the user. (step 5)

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:37 AM, raferkong <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I specifically added a new user called phpuser, and when i try to connect to mysql with root, i got a unknown database error...

allenskd wrote:
Quote:
Well, 

--
Best of luck!

Quote:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM, raferkong <address-removed (address-removed)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi guys

Quote:
Quote:
I installed XAMPP and netbeans 6.9 on windows 7, the problem is that when i try to run the CRUD tutorial (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html))     i'm stuck in the step of connect to the mysql database.

Any ideas?

Sad  Sad

raferkong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

thx man, i figured it out...it was my studpid mistake... when i tried to add new connection to a database...i copied the entire URL of it instead of typing in the database name... ah..my bad... thx a lot again^_^
allenskd wrote:
I read a bit of the tutorial and had no problems creating the database or connecting to it. 

1) If you are in windows XP, go to Run -> type in "cmd" and enter then write "net start mysql" inside the console and enter, it should try to start the server or output and error message
2) If in vista, press start-> in the search box type "cmd", wait for it to finish and click on the cmd.exe, and same thing

First add a connection, in a step it tells you to add the root@localhost connection, after that there will be an item should be named "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysql" or "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/", right-click that item and connect to it. Once you have connected, right-click it again and execute the first command which is to create the user. (step 5)

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:37 AM, raferkong <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

allenskd wrote:
Quote:
Well, 

--
Best of luck!

Quote:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM, raferkong <address-removed (address-removed)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi guys

Quote:
Quote:
I installed XAMPP and netbeans 6.9 on windows 7, the problem is that when i try to run the CRUD tutorial (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/wish-list-lesson1.html))     i'm stuck in the step of connect to the mysql database.

Any ideas?

Sad  Sad

mikap72

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: XAMPP mysql connection error in netbeans Reply with quote

Just for tip: I tried first to connect to schema, not to database. I figured it out after checking the PHP code I was using to connect to SQL server. Laughing

raferkong wrote:
thx man, i figured it out...it was my studpid mistake... when i tried to add new connection to a database...i copied the entire URL of it instead of typing in the database name... ah..my bad... thx a lot again^_^
allenskd wrote:

Quote:

allenskd wrote:
Quote:
Well, 

--
Best of luck!

Quote:

Quote:
Hi guys

Quote:
Quote:

Any ideas?

Sad  Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: