NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profiler fails to trigger?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onetwothree

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Profiler fails to trigger? Reply with quote

I can't get the profiler to trigger while running the code.

Platform: Dell PC, MS Windows Server 2003, Standard x64, SP 2

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.9 (Build 201006101454)
Java: 1.6.0_20; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 16.3-b01
System: Windows 2003 version 5.2 running on x86; Cp1252; en_US (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\wmwfan\.netbeans\6.9

Source code held in Eclipse project which has been imported into NetBeans using the Eclipse import feature. (Very nice, by the way.) No problem compiling and running the code in NetBeans environment. Source code changes show up automatically.

I can profile my project and manually take snapshots and heap dumps no problem. I get telemetry. I get results. The profiler works great.

The thing that does not work is triggering. No triggers will trigger. I can set them up. They are enabled. The profiler will run and I can still take manual snapshots, but no snapshots occur automatically. I have scaled back my code to the point that I am essentially running a "Hello World" java application.

I have tried profiling the entire application, part of the application, setting root points, triggering on static methods, regular methods, different types of java statements. Nothing. It just won't trigger. A web search has turned up nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Wallace
Tomas Hurka
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Profiler fails to trigger? Reply with quote

Hi Wallace,

On 23 Jul 2010, at 04:28, onetwothree wrote:

Quote:
I can't get the profiler to trigger while running the code.

Platform: Dell PC, MS Windows Server 2003, Standard x64, SP 2

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.9 (Build 201006101454)
Java: 1.6.0_20; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 16.3-b01
System: Windows 2003 version 5.2 running on x86; Cp1252; en_US (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\wmwfan\.netbeans\6.9

Source code held in Eclipse project which has been imported into NetBeans using the Eclipse import feature. (Very nice, by the way.) No problem compiling and running the code in NetBeans environment. Source code changes show up automatically.

I can profile my project and manually take snapshots and heap dumps no problem. I get telemetry. I get results. The profiler works great.

The thing that does not work is triggering. No triggers will trigger. I can set them up. They are enabled. The profiler will run and I can still take manual snapshots, but no snapshots occur automatically. I have scaled back my code to the point that I am essentially running a "Hello World" java application.
I have tried profiling the entire application, part of the application, setting root points, triggering on static methods, regular methods, different types of java statements. Nothing. It just won't trigger. A web search has turned up nothing.

Ideas?
I am sorry I have no idea. Can you provide a test case, so I can try to reproduce your problem?

Just to be sure - are you talking about 'Profiling Points' <http://profiler.netbeans.org/docs/help/6.0/ppoints.html>?

Bye,
--
Tomas Hurka <mailto:address-removed>
NetBeans Profiler http://profiler.netbeans.org
VisualVM http://visualvm.dev.java.net
Software Engineer, Developer Platforms Group
Sun Microsystems, Praha Czech Republic
bpeach

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Sorry no idea...please contact the administrator for help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: