NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

javascript syntax highlighting 6.9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starnernj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: javascript syntax highlighting 6.9 Reply with quote

I am having trouble figuring out how to highlight my javascript syntax in netbeans 6.9. it worked fine in 6.8. Even when I try to make a new file, a javascript option doesn't show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
oc666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: javascript syntax highlighting 6.9 Reply with quote

starnernj wrote:
I am having trouble figuring out how to highlight my javascript syntax in netbeans 6.9. it worked fine in 6.8. Even when I try to make a new file, a javascript option doesn't show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just happened to me to when I update my netbeans to 6.9 (on ubuntu 10.10 alpha 3). To fix the problem I update all plug-ins and restart, then the highlight came back to Javascript.

Cheers Very Happy
Filip Zamboj
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: javascript syntax highlighting 6.9 Reply with quote

It works for me on todays build. Did you solve your problem? If not,
could you be more specific what's wrong?

thanks.

-------------
Filip Zamboj
Sun Microsystems

[1] http://www.netbeans.org/community/issues.html
[2] http://qa.netbeans.org
[3] http://wiki.netbeans.org/HowToConfigureXDebug
[4] http://bertram.netbeans.org/hudson/job/PHP-build

starnernj wrote:
Quote:

starnernj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: ubuntu netbeans javascript syntax highlighting Reply with quote

I updated all my plugins, and that allowed me to see that javascript was actually supported by netbeans, but it didn't actually highlight my syntax.

I ended up deleting my .js extensions on my javascript files, right clicked on them, and chose to open as a javascript file (which wasn't an option before I updated my plugins).

So problem solved! Thank you for your help!
CGo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here after an update to Ubuntu 10.10/NetBeans 6.9.1
All plugins are updated, though Javascript is still not showing in the Code Formatting tab under Tools/Options, nor does it show up in the "Run As" dialog, and the code is not highlighted/assisted in .js files or any others.
Running standard PHP projects and with previous versions, this worked like a charm.
CGo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am noticing this problem on every workstation where I've updated NetBeans by the way, it seems there's something wrong with the most recent version.
markwhite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, on a fresh install of 10.10 and 6.9, I found the NetBeans Update Centre was not ticked under Tools|Plugins|Settings tab.

I tried an update first, and got the message that the IDE was up to date. After ticking this box, I got many updates, and my code formatting is back to how I expect.
ballyboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a tonne for that markwhite!.. Was tired getting to make javascript work on netbeans.. checked the netbeans update centre in settings, updated everything,.. now works great..
leiric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leiric

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with JavaScript syntax highlighting in NetBeans 6.9 running under Linux Mint (Ubuntu). It didn't even recognize .js files, and the JavaScript file type was missing from the 'Open as...' dialog. I finally solved the problem by changing the 'NetBeans Beta' update center url from:
http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/6.9/uc/final/beta/catalog.xml.gz
To this:
http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/6.9/uc/final/stable/catalog.xml.gz

I have no idea why the beta repo was there instead of the stable, however this solution worked. I hope this will help someone, cheers!
andForMore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: How I fixed it Reply with quote

I just did a fresh install of ubuntu 10.10 and installed netbeans from the software center and had the js issue. I also had to check the netbeans box in the settings to get updates. After isntalling all the updates JS files still did not work right. So, I went to tools->options->miscellaneous->files tab

Here I chose the JS file extension and manuall associated it with text/javascript and then everything worked. Hope this helps someone with my same issue.
madtom1999

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Thanks for that - reason for troubles Reply with quote

Been puzzling over lack of JS highlighting for a while and finally decided to hunt for a solution.
I may be wrong but I'm on a variety of Ubuntu systems and it seems the standard install turns off the netbeans update platform - possibly they were thinking of sending plugins via the repository?
Will check ot their end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: